2022 New Years Resolutions

This is what often happens - the best laid plans of mice and men…

I’m desperately trying to stick to my plan! Happily the Basilean warband are looking good fun to paint, though I have only just started and have not quite nailed down the paint scheme yet…

I can also see my Deadzone stuff expanding once the starter set is done.

Paint the Basilaen warband! They are so much fun to paint, great models.

1 Like

Here’s the plan:

1. Trident Rebase (Late Feb)
  2. Herd Part 2 (Late April)
  3. Abyssal Rebase / Expansion
  4. Firebound Mantic Rebuild
  5. Skorne?

Here’s how it’s going:

1. Done!
  2. 31 models in, 6 models and lots of basing to hit 1995
  3. Last model bought and washed this week … but that’s the last progress since 2020 :confused:
  4. All models are bought and in hand! Except I just finished 3D printing a Frostbound army annnnnd I’m about to 3D print an Ogre army. Sorry Bloodfire 2.0 :grimacing:
  5. See above :upside_down_face:
4 Likes

Started them! This is my paint scheme - I wanted something a bit different to the box art so I am going for a more “foresty” look, as I imagine this warband to be out on the hunt for goblins and other such menaces around Basilea.

Not the best photo and I’m not the best painter, but it will do!

7 Likes

I know you’re going for a “forest” look @screamingaddabs, but I’m getting serious jade warrior vibes from this guy. An Asian inspired Basilea army would be cool!

2 Likes

Looks cool, can’t wait to see the resin models!

1 Like

Cool, thanks - not what I was going for but happy with that anyway! Let’s see if the rest turn out like that too!

1 Like

No Resins, but the multi-part PVC ones have been nice to assemble so far!

Completed so far:

Deadzone starter set (two 150 point armies)
Centaur Chief, bray hunter and bray strider
Thegn on Frostfang
Goblin Snaggit
Enforcer 100 point team (from the heavy weapons set)
Some progress on Dungeon saga scenery
6 models for the Basileans

Still to go:

Rest of the Basileans
Finish DS scenery
Finish Abyssals for DS
Dwarf warband
Bought Magwa and J’os so need to do them…

Not doing too bad - I’m slow but steady!

4 Likes

Update time!

So I have now bought star saga as I saw it for cheaps and thought “that looks fun…”.

I have now got a full 200 point basilean warband though and done some of the DS scenary. I’ve also started painting Valandor and Ba’el as the kids are nearly through the dungeon saga original campaign. Should have these done by the end of the week.

In an attempt to keep focussed I will only let myself paint Basileans or dungeon saga for the next month!

How are the rest of you doing with your resolutions?

4 Likes

I’m doing…ok?

My elf army is now multibased, but I need to add tuffs and grasses to x4 more regiments.

I’ve painted x2 characters for my FoN army. I now need to paint a beast of nature and x2 regiments of hunters to have 2,000 pts.

I have painted no deadzone minis.

I have painted 2 out of 100 minis in 5 months (ouch!).

My wife is also pregnant with our 4th child.

Probably only going to get 2 out of 4 pledges done. 50% is a pass right?

4 Likes

50% is a 2-2 degree (the gentleman’s degree…) :smile:

2 Likes

I haven’t painted a single elf or halfling, so those are for the latter half of the year… I’ve been busy painting T’au.

But the four dragons list should be finished for the tournament next month, and I might even have a chance to practice with it! :smiley:

4 Likes

The Undead and Abyssal Dwarf armies are done.
I’ve painted a ton of minis in the first half of the year, though I’ve drastically slowed down since.
My multibasing skills are getting better. Still not great or dynamic, but definitely an improvement.

4 Likes

Enough Basileans for a waband, including some dungeon saga figures. Using valendor as a palace guard proxy.

12 Likes

I’ve stuck to basileans and dungeon saga so far. As well as those posted above, I have finished Ba’el. Dungeon saga scenary is slower. Seems to take ages and not be that satisfying at the mo, but I will persevere

4 Likes

Oh i remember that … keep going, one door at a time!!! I did some KoW painting inbetween to get through it and eventually it was all done. :wink:

It does look cool seeing it all arrayed on the table/board so there s payoff at the end! :grin:

1 Like

Games played (3) is outnumbering new armies painted (0) - so I’m counting that as progress!!!

I’ve painted lots of stuff for existing ones but will leave new army as a summer project (ogres using Para Bellum Nords and LotR orcs)

5 Likes

We’re halfway through the year, so probably time that I post my progress.
Here’s what I was aiming for:

This has not been a great hobby year, so I was right to set modest goals, I’m afraid.

I did get a horde of fiends done for Monster March, a monster because I used a collosal spider as most of the unit:

I have aquired more nightstalkers though. A new dread-fiend beacause the bone naga didn’t fit the theme (see what I mean here), a second mindscreetch and a sprue of scarecrows (because I keep telling myself that I will play a fantasy skirmish game… eventually).

As for minis painted during lockdown; I took my nightstalkers to an event in October and took my dwarfs to a one day events this year. The list I wanted to take didn’t use ironguard or cannons though, so those are still yet to be in a game.
Here’s a picture of my dwarfs facing monster heavy goblins at said event:

For not Kings of War I did get my Germans done and all the Romans have been aquired and primed, not very far along with painting though.
Assuming one non-KoW picture is acceptable; my 15mm 15th Century Germans came out like this:

10 Likes

Good progress @DarkBlack!

1 Like