Sword of September - painting topic

Thanks @Nav!

That owl goddess is amazing @Boss_Salvage, a great mini.

Looks like we’re Dragon bros @Mikes, Archon Studio knows what they are doing.

3 Likes

As of a few days ago this was bright white and generally in the way on my hobby desk. So I took a deep breath and got stuck in:

Briar Serpent by Mini Monster Mayhem, printed at 125% and playing the role of my Herd’s Hydra! Will be interesting to see how it does in game, as it’s a little wanting in almost all departments but is so cheap that it might just work.

11 Likes

Roman Commander and Scorpion done next up the first of my defending Britons a Celtic Chieftain

9 Likes

That Brier Serpent looks great @Boss_Salvage

1 Like

Yap Dragonbros @MechaSturgeon ! :joy: and yeah, they indeed do make some great dragons! The plastic is also easy enough to modify as well, so perfect for Kings of War imho.

(Some models like the Xenodragon are a bit weird tho :wink: )

1 Like

Cat Reavers based and ready.
Troop 1

Troop 2

7 Likes

7 Likes

Would make an excellent Void Lurker though :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

My July objective is coming along nicely with a Roman Commander, a Scorpion and now a Regiment/cohort of Early Imperial Roman Legionnaires ready to invade Britain

9 Likes

Crew done, just waiting for varnish. Some minor touch ups on the underside of the bolt thrower and all the other bits and pieces and I can finally put it all together on it’s base :blush:

Really like how the cloaks from the Drakon lord kit fit on those basic Elf minis :upside_down_face:

11 Likes

The crew is looking good so far, Mikes. i look forward to seeing the end product. Nice shadowing on the cloaks

1 Like

Thanks @Nav , it’s 5 models on a base with bolt thrower, crew and extra bits, which is a first for me. Hope it works out well putting it together without major mishaps. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Mikes, i have a few of the Northern Alliance Elf bolt throwers which are similar. The bolts cause any wounded unit to suffer a Frozen result in their next movement , slowing them by 1 inch, so the bolt holder frame comes in handy to keep separate to the rest of the model, as it can be put with the afflicted unit to remind both of you of the Frozen result.

1 Like

Wrong person :slightly_smiling_face:

Apologies @Garuses …my fat fingers. Thanks.

Have been AFK for awhile but after moving house i set myself up this painting table :slight_smile:

And finally finished off these gobbos…

Still more to come but its a start…

15 Likes

looking grewat @ClosetPainter

1 Like

And done with the Bolt Thrower finally. :upside_down_face:

Definitely the model with the most bits and pieces I ever glued to a single base :blush:

14 Likes

Looking great @Mikes

2 Likes

Thanks @Nav , took some effort, but I kinda like how these quite old models turn out and it fits well with the rest of the army too :blush:

2 Likes