Any experiences?

Who’s run the quickstart and how did it go?

I might have finally gotten a group together to try it out soon.

1 Like

Well, I’ve run it now.
My players really enjoyed it, like how simple the test mechanic is. The elf-mage player failed to cast lightning most of the time though, but we might have missed something with magic.

There are obviously gaps that will be filled with the full release and I look forward to seeing the book.
I’m also curious to see how characters level up and how powerful they get (I hope not too much).

4 Likes

I’m keen to try the quick start sometime, what are the main things you think need to change?

I would like an example on lighting, otherwise the system looks solid.
One of my players even asked if he can still get in on the Kickstarter.

What I would like to see added is a starter adventure as opposed to an intro adventure that sets up another product. Just for two or three sessions, so that one can get started with only the book.

Edit: after more thought, the reaction and fatigue mechanic basically got forgotten or ignored, I don’t think it adds enough for the extra complexity.

A fatigue mechanic similar to Vanguard (you basically borrow an action from your next turn) would be interesting and a cool Easter egg.

2 Likes

Have you played any more since this post? I haven’t tried it yet but was one of the big backers and I am excited to try it.

Unfortunately I haven’t, for irl reasons I haven’t had any RP in months.

Shoot, sorry to hear that. I haven’t seen any updates on the release recently but I know it’s getting close as they finish up the major sections and put the finishing touches on.

Right now I am just pondering when it does drop and if I can pull a group together whether I go with the native Tricore or just run D&D 5th edition.

I really liked tricore when we tried it, so I would at least give it a go.

Especially the payback system, it takes a little getting used to, but it means that the GM is part of the game rather than just running it.

Sounds good, I guess it depends on part on whatever players I get but the little bit on Tricore I have seen was very interesting.

1 Like