Super September- painting topic

I like that - very nice and clean.

1 Like

Cheers - It’s not glued in (as gets in the way) but worked out quite nicely I think.

The scratch built eavs Longhouse tavern project is finally complete, apart from the Landlord and his dog models which i’m still waiting to arrive. The WIP pics are in my terrain post, but i thought i’d stick one pic here of the end result… not bad result for a house made from a waste cardboard box, if i say so myself. i’m pretty pleased with the outcome.

Final touch up painting done, bell and post ropes painted, flags in position over the new eaves and some decent light and a dark backdrop for contrast

8 Likes

Painted this giant scorpion from Reaper to be a dread-fiend.

Also this token for Sir Jesse’s Boots:

12 Likes

Loving all the recent posts.

First line units of my elves nearly done. Kindred Gladestalkers using OathMark Light Elf Infantry.

In troops:

And combined for regiment:

Basing and banner still need work.

13 Likes

loving those boots!

1 Like

My next project is to make this Gloomtide shipwreck model into a Viking longhouse similar to the one at Trellborg. first, I’ll have to rebuild the keel and the hull before building the planking to make it sort of shipshape, before flipping it over and building the walls of the house under it

2 Likes

Nice idea.

Doing the sane thing, I’d be tempted to build/paint it up as a partially ruinef/burnt building - making the most of some of the already damaged bits?

1 Like

i had it rebuilt once as a ship, but the keel is part of the flat base, so wont flip over to make a roof, but it’s certainly a fun/challenging project to take on. best of luck with your own project.

I’ve bought the revell longship to do the same

1 Like

nice, it looks a sweet model. I wouldnt mind a couple of those on my river… or my Norse Bloodbowl team pitch

I bought it for Saga and dark age gaming after seeing the book Vikinger i krig if you can find them they’re a good kit, although pricing swings from £14 to £98 depending on the mood of sellers I think

1 Like

Finished the gur panthers for my sylvan kin.

7 Likes

Next regiment of Gladestalkers ready for undercoating.

7 Likes

Those are great @Niall78, i may get some of those models for my oen army as well :slightly_smiling_face:

Clansmen regiment for the Varangur and the Wiltfather for the sylvan kin.

6 Likes

Oh gee what happened … some “Quick and Dirty painted” Dungeon Saga Skellies have taken over my painting table, as I could paint them quickly, with the little time I had lately … but I also managed to finish the Dragon Egg Objective and finally did get my first Stormwind Cavalry Model done :grin:

And If I may, let me say it’s really awesome to see everyone painting and sharing still as well! And wow some of you guys are fast … @Niall78 and @Sceleris are already on their next armies while I barely moved on to my next Regiment :laughing: I believe I mentioned somewhere that I paint slow … but, sniff, didn’t realize how slow! Well … getting side tracked with the Undead Warband didn’t help :smirk: :rofl: … but it really does help with the motivation to keep going seeing all that progress everyone makes :slight_smile:

6 Likes

7 Likes

@Mikes - I’m only on my 4th army since lockdown! :wink:

Digging the egg and stormwind models.

2 Likes

@Mikes - The elves are taking a lot longer than the goblins. :joy:

Loving your Stormwind Cavalry. I’m starting basecoating a regiment of them today with the horses going first. Plastic kit though.

1 Like