Super September- painting topic

Every. Single. Time. someone mentions the Rock Lobber I get the B-52s stuck in my head.

2 Likes

Been working on my terrain, 4 ruins, 4 pieces of woodland, 4 Saxon houses, and 8 rocky outcrops. Individual Ruins and trees can be moved off to help units navigate through/over them.

Will hopefully get them finished by the end of the month.

8 Likes

What s on my painting table right now …

Lots of Stormwind and some Vanguard Battle Objectives! :slightly_smiling_face:

Had a hard time deciding which Stormwind models to go with and settled with the older metal Stormwind finally, but had to build them side by side before being able to decide. The metal ones actually fit in with the old Mantic plastic Elves much better in my opinion, especially the armor design. And metal is more old school as well :grinning:

Eventually i ll paint the plastic as well of course, makes it easier on the table to have different looking Cav with different artefacts. :smile:

7 Likes

Finished the rest of the draugr - 375pts worth!

8 Likes

Finished Nighstalker army:

Close up of Heroes:

The Dream Hunter, Reaper Souldrinker, Horror and Butcher Fleshripper.

12 Likes

Great stuff - haven’t built a NS army (yet!) and there are some great models.

Finished off some reavers.

7 Likes

Ohhhh are those spindly lads in the back left Fiends? Soulflayers, merhaps?

Yes, they are scratch built Fiends.

I love the vivid colours ThaneBobo. Suits the army perfectly.

I have issues myself making colours pop like that. Seeing your work makes me want to do something like it just to practice.

1 Like

Probably the last of the July finished stuff - couple of frostfang heroes.

6 Likes

Doubt I’ll get my terrain finished by the end of the month. Almost finished the 8 rocky outcrops, which if I ever need to do a battle on a craggy battlefield I should have enough.

These are dead easy to do, glue stones to cardboard, sprayed black, wetbrush Eshin grey, then dry brush Ulthan Grey.

4 Likes

This month I painted old Thorgrim as a King on Large Beast. He will be the perfect leader for my dwarfs when they finally enter the kow universe.

7 Likes

My last July entry, got these Battlefield Objectives for Vanguard finished, which means I am finally ready to play a game of Vanguard once an unsuspecting friend ventures into my lair … mwahahaha :laughing:

Also started my Stormwind Cavalry, but still in the early stages of messing around with possible paint schemes and colors.

So are we all ready for an “Awesome August”? :grin:

10 Likes

WiP shot of the dark age Varangur.

There are a couple of light cav units (horse raiders) and a pair of displacer beasts (probably run as jabberwocky) from my old army, but everything else is from the revamp.

7 Likes

Managed to get this large ruins and 4 bits of woodland finished tonight.

Going to work on the 8 rocky outcrops, hope to get them finished as well.

7 Likes

Worked on a Water effect based army this month.

9 Likes

I finished all the Skulks. Posted more pictures in my showcase army thread.

10 Likes

Finished my second ~25 yr old unit of Bretonnian bowmen, whom I can’t decide whether to call my “Loooooooongbowmen” or the “Archers of Loaf” in honor of how long it took me to paint them.

Next I’m going to try and fix up some Knights that 15 yr old me started back in the day. I’m going to try and keep the retouching down to just a couple hours.

9 Likes

8 rocky outcrops finished, I am tempted to make a whole boat load more of these as they are so simple. Will be useful to recreate a very rocky area.

Reminds me of my old climbing area Brimham Rocks!

5 Likes

Dear all,

It’s been a while! But I am super happy to see that you are all painting! What is more, there is even greater variety of presented models, terrain etc.

Thank you very much for keeping this topic active and very much alive! You provided so much inspiration. Keep it coming! :slight_smile:

8 Likes