Clash of Kings info/updates

Army lists will be on EasyArmy. So you’ll need only the most up to date book, as long as you don’t want to read the fluff or extra shenanigans.

Price is a bit steep, but as was said before, it’s only a fraction of what the hobby costs and quality of the 3rd edition stuff is good. Still prefer this over the GW model of needing to have 4-5 books of about 30€+ to be able to play.

6 Likes

I understand where you’re coming from. That said, I want Mantic to remain in business for as long as they don;t get the GW route. As I only buy a limited amount of miniatures (and not all mantic, btw) I can understand mantic needs some more cash from me to keep producing this wonderful game.

Therefore, I gladly pay slightly more for a premium product. I remember the quality of the edge of the abyss booklet and I’m gladly paying something more to get a better product…

5 Likes

To play an Uncharted Empires army you’re going to be carrying 3 fairly large books around. This and the sheer number of alterations to the lists makes EasyArmy close to essential. With a subscription and the annual Clash book, we’re looking at £50 a year just to play the game. Most will be able to afford that but it’s money not going on the cool bit of the hobby.

1 Like

My personal preference for each new edition would be volumes in a set - core rules, background+photos/showcase, lists+temporary/trial rules. The last of these could then be updated.

I pretty much want the smallest, most concise rulebooks possible. A bigger book is a negative for me.

Digital needs a lot of work - I refuse to buy now outdated rules a third time.

2 Likes

I am really looking forward to this. I hope it will be a nice shake up of the Hobby, AND i don’t mind the price of the book so much.

It will be a hassle with 3 large books, but thanks to Easyarmy and easy rules in general I think we will manage…

… at least until a new BIBLE is released next year and everything is included there. Triple the price and triple the fun? Running away

6 Likes

Some more info I picked up from the Clash of Kings UK Tournament livestream thus far. This is from memory so don’t come lynching me if I’m wrong, or missed something. :wink:

Goblins are getting a Fleabag-centric formation

The Formations are all specifically made to promote units/playstyles that are rarely taken their army. This is a departure from the 2nd edition formations, some of which just made great units even better. I think we all knew this already, but I thought I’d point it out nonetheless.

Two of the new rules are Slayer and Rampage. Both add some attacks (random or fixed) when fighting a unit type in melee. For Slayer it’s Large/Monstrous units, Monsters and Titans (IIRC). They didn’t elaborate on Rampage, but given the context I’m willing to bet it’s specific to regular infantry etc. They seemed to indicate that one or both of these rules were part of the rumoured buff to Titan units.

The new evil army isn’t Ophidians or Goblins. They also didn’t say it wasn’t Orcs when I suggested that in the feed. But we know it’s orcs, because come on, there’s a great big bloody orc on the front cover. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

confirmed Slasher is getting Rampage Aura for beasts and that it is a bonus against certain units. Also Slasher getting attacks buffed to 10.

Also Twiglet Kin Glade Stalkers getting 4+ wounding venomous blades, melee increased and losing steady aim. interesting tidbits coming up

2 Likes

Twilight Kin Gladestalkers getting fancy poison, Me 3+, no steady aim … are they going to be the Corsairs now? haha. Gosh, I hope Sylvan Kin get something just as neat.

2 Likes

no I think corsairs are staying with Salamanders

3 Likes

On the cover of CoK 2022, is that a new theme army for Orcs? Anyone would like to share timestamps of when they talk about updates or new miniatures during the video?

1 Like

yes that’s the Reforged Orcs, I Rob said that some detail would be coming on the Blog this week. Unfortunately you can’t really do time stamps the stream is like 8 hours long and they just dropped little nuggets in whenever they felt appropriate. So if someone was playing Salamanders then they talked about some of the new stuff from the Sally list changes.

2 Likes

Ah okay, that makes sense. I saw the cover and I was thinking it’s either a new theme or the entire Orc range is getting an overhaul. When is the new entry in the blog coming out? I don’t have facebook anymore so this forum and Mantic’s site is the only source of news for me.

1 Like

No idea when they’re putting it up, although I imagine it will be more than one entry but it will get posted here after it’s up on the Blog

2 Likes

CounterCharge are doing a pod a week in October with info etc - released each Wednesday.

Mantic and the people involved are also doing similar stuff with other podcasts etc round the globe - scattering different faction reveals in different channels

2 Likes

FYI about the new orcs - which are a plastic set.

5 Likes

Riftforged

2 Likes

cheers I was drinking and trying to decipher what Rob was saying through a Jamesons and Guinness haze.

2 Likes

Hey man didn’t know there were KOW players in China! I’m in Asia too (Singapore) and our local FLGS could probably deliver mantic stuff if you ever need anything :slight_smile:

1 Like

There was some emphasis on how elite the riftforged orcs were plus some info on them having a monster and some large flying cavalry. (all info from KOW fanatics). This week should be exciting as there should be more reveals!

1 Like

Well I wouldn’t call myself a player as I have yet to get a game in third edition! I might take you up on the offer as I do want a mind screech and werewolves. Should they be in stock. I am slowly trying to get kow hooks into people but it’s difficult here because the community is spread out over many cities in this vast place, so people often feel they have to stick with GW to get games.

2 Likes