Introduction and Help with 1500 Point Herd List

Do note that Mournful blade can be taken only by Individuals, not by heroes on a chariot. :wink:
Blessing of the Gods might suit the chieftain but it would be best to give him just Blade of slashing and spend the remaining 15 points elsewhere.

1 Like

duly noted… my bad. shame though

Because he’s got a bow, I’d go with fire oil over slashing blade myself. Extremely easy way to get Piercing (1) against a great many armies, as well as +1 CS.

1 Like

Hey thanks everyone. So my last updated idea is:

Tribal Spears Horde with Brew of Sharpness: 270
Longhorns Regiment with Chant of Hate: 225
Guardian Brutes Horde with Brew of Caterpillar: 245
Harpies* Troop: 90
Harpies* Troop: 90
Beast of Nature with flying and added attacks: 220 (added Noxious Mist +15 points)
Druid with Heal, Bane Chant: 85 (Inspiring) +10 points Conjurer’s Staff
Druid with Heal, Lighting Bolt: 75 (Inspiring) +30 points Boomstick
Great Chieftain on Chariot with bow: 155 (Inspiring) with Fire-Oil +5 Points
Total: 1500 points

The changes based on the insightful feedback were to go with the Conjurer’s Staff. That freed up 20 points. With that I when with adding the Fire-Oil for the Great Chieftain on Chariot. I am not sure how common regeneration is but it would help him in melee and shooting.

With the last 15 points I realized that it could fit the Noxious Mist ability on the Beast of Nature. 10 ranged attacks could come in handy to void some melee combats he could not fit in or would not want to engage in. I think it could increase his annoying factor. Overall these changes help the ranged attacks of the army. It is not a ranged focused army at all but it adds some more flexibility. Not that different overall.

3 Likes

Just to piggy back in on this post, if i may? What do people think is the optimum amount of Minotaur chariots to run with your Herd Armies?

Sorry what total point value or values are you looking at for the Minotaur Chariots? With the unlocks it was hard for me to keep them in smaller points lists.

I can imagine … probably 2000 points or 2200 if it’s a horde