Is Armada any good? (or why we should all play Armada)

Any Armada players play Sails of Glory? If so, how do they compare?

Yes, finishing Deadzone and doing all the Clash updates could take a while - they don’t sound like small jobs.

Played my first game today!

12 Likes

how did you find it?

It was fun enough, despite going very slow because I did not know the rules. Already next game it should go much faster, as I got the core rules down now. (and then it will be even more fun, I reckon)
The movement of the ships is interesting, one thing in particular which is cool is that you can’t stop immediately, you can only reduce speed one notch per turn, so we had a few close scrapes with reefs and table edges where the ship was going too fast for comfort and just barely managed to turn away from colliding. :grin:

6 Likes

I found the same thing, Øystein was asking about it as well you should pin him down and get another local player before he escapes

1 Like

I should get to play a game fairly soon, I’ve got a little Empire of Dust fleet coming. Skeletons on boats! What could ever go wrong with that?

5 Likes

I definitely enjoy how much Armada forces you to “live in the future”. Like yeah, you are currently moving your ships around and rolling dice, but you’re really thinking about where you’ll need to be 1-2 turns from now. Super fun and challenging!

3 Likes

Hadn’t seen this before:

Cool concept

3 Likes