Judiciously Join the Painting in Jolly June! - painting topic

1st regiment of zombies based, might add a few more bits though.

12 Likes

Here’s the regiment of 2HW Brotherhood knights I promised last week. They’re Perry War of the Roses knights with Perry WotR command sprue arms (there’s two with lovely twohanded warhammers on each sprue). List-wise, they’ll be Order of the Brotherhood with Brew of Strength.

I will admit to being rather proud of these :innocent:

16 Likes

You should be proud. Great paint job and basing. The sense of movement and action on the base is brilliant. These look they are charging full tilt and about to crash into the enemy line. Love them.

2 Likes

Nonsense! The more dwarfs the better.
No hole, rabbit or otherwise, can be too deep.

3 Likes

WIP of my Kapoka for forces of nature

I have to admit, I wasn’t too excited about painting this at the onset, but it’s been really fun!

16 Likes

And the sister regiment of abyssal hunt–

19 Likes

Zombie legion 1 finished, not the prettiest of work but i’m happy with it.

17 Likes

I continue to work from home, which means lots of time for painting. Three siege cannons for the Brothermark army I’m building–

19 Likes

Ooooh, gorgeous! Lovely models, too!

2 Likes

Thanks! Highland Minis, scaled down to 28mm. The bases are the Txarli template I posted earlier. Villein bowmen are coming up next, but they’re going to take awhile…

4 Likes

they look sweet @Cartwright

2 Likes

How was the base done?

1 Like

A Kickstarter released stl files that I edited to the right dimensions, then printed. Prime black, dab on two shades of gray with a sponge, dry brush white, dark wash. Super easy to get them looking sharp.

2 Likes

Using fauns as naiads in my OotGL army.

16 Likes

Those are beautiful!

2 Likes

My Dwarf Berserker Lord on a Brock, (Sveri Egilax on Hellbrock (work in progress as base needs a bit of work still)

14 Likes

Better late than never: Finished my 5th Drakon, which I started at the end of Monster March. Now only one more to bring the Horde to FMC! :slightly_smiling_face:

And good job on that Dwarf Lord @Nav! He’ll make a great centerpiece for your Dwarf army! :smile:

Also, wow @Sceleris , those are some sweet models and you really did them justice! Was thinking of using faun like models as Hunters of the Wild someday and those look inspiring :wink:

15 Likes

Many thanks Mikes. I ordered a few units and some individuals like this one, and they arrived at the same time, despite some coming from USA and others from UK. So, with 35 models all glued and primed, and anoother 30 Oathmark Light dwarfs to start glueing yet,i had a dilemma as to where to start. I’m still contemplating the final colour pallet, so talked myself into going big and painting the overlord/General first to see how i got on before starting on the 2 regiments of Brock Riders, to get a feel of what i was dealing with. i was initially thinking of using Screaming Bell for the arnour, which i might still do for the others, but given that this is Sveri, Gold plated armour seemed appropriate. It is Dwarfs after all.
That Drakon looks sweet too @Mikes , as does @Sceleris 's fauns. bravo to both of you

5 Likes

Work ongoing on two regiments of Brock Riders. After a mornings work to get the fur to look realistic, the
badgers are almost done. Afternoon I started the Dwarfs themselves.

16 Likes

Love that fur! Nice work

1 Like