Judiciously Join the Painting in Jolly June! - painting topic

Painted some stuff!

2 x Deathpack for undead

Some work in progress Revenant Cav

and one more unit of 10mm gore riders for Orcs

15 Likes

They’re the Lost Kingdom ‘Wind Knights’, you’re right, I could definitely see them as elves of some description! As for the name, I frankly don’t know what you’d call a flying deer with eagle claws…

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

they look terrific, and they’re called Peryton. They don’t crop up much in wargaming, I blame the greeks barging in first with their horses :wink:

Really unique unit you have for yourself

3 Likes

Thanks for the name! I had no idea these even existed as a mythological creature, but have now done some googling. The funny thing is, a Peryton is on the battle flag of the Duc de Bourbon in the late middle ages - and my army has a fantasy-late medieval France theme. So a completely random choice turned out to be quite thematic!

4 Likes

One of the gents in our gaming group got himself a 3d printer and as we both collect Nightstalkers we agreed he’d print stuff for both of us and I’d paint his as payment. This is the first of the models to do and the first of four of these beasties to use as Void Lurkers between the two of us.

I’ve been binge watching stranger things for the last week or two so wanted to try and channel that other worldly vibe I was feeling. As always with big models I was unsure where to begin but this turned out to be a fairly quick job, pretty much just using the airbrush and drybrushing.

13 Likes

This model is insanely cool. As someone who is currently into Stranger Things, Call of Chthulu, and Nightstalkers, this is everything I’d want a Void Lurker to look like on the table.

3 Likes

Trez cool @DanKennedy . sweet model. I dont know whether to bask in its glow or stamp on it before it breeds, and spawns more of the same. :wink:

2 Likes

Final units done apart from a wee touch up here and there, along with bases for them.

11 Likes

My latest firefight plague leaper squad leader is finished. This is the third squad leader and 15th leaper

9 Likes

Had these elven ships nearly since they were released but scared to paint them for fear of not doing them justice. Im afraid i didn’t still but much important with sails since painting basilean ships.

14 Likes

looks great, shame that it’s a fleet of knife ears though :wink:

3 Likes

What can i say? Elves are pretty sharp, hehehe.

3 Likes

It’s a good looking elf ship to my eyes! I’ve been trying to resist picking up a few but it’s getting tougher.

2 Likes

Horribly untidy painting table pics! :sweat_smile:

Drakon Rider Work in progress, this is finally the last Drakon to finish my FMC Horde: :slightly_smiling_face: Just the rider is missing now!

Slightly modified Drakon Lord in the pipeline now as well:

I didn’t like the original (flat) head on the Infamy Drakon Lord and the resin Drakon head(s) kinda looked weird on it … until I replaced the Horns as well. Now I’m happy with it and can’t wait to get it painted :blush:

12 Likes

Completed Dogs of War unit.

@Mikes - ‘untidy’? Mine is barely that neat when organised!

8 Likes

It could be untidier! I mean, it could be on fire.

2 Likes

Since temperatures are rather high now it seemed fitting to paint a child of the forge.
Model from Fireforge Games, Stone Realm.

For those wondering about size of these fellows.

15 Likes

Probs somewhere in europe? here in the Netherlands, we are close to 30 degrees celcius and it’s too bloody hot to do anything, even painting…

4 Likes

@Sceleris , well … my wife would sure find less flattering words than just “untidy” to describe my painting desk so thanks for the compliment!!! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes