Keno's Undead - Road to 3rd (Vanity thread ;-)

I build myself an Undead army. Partly converting them from WHFB, partly new. I hope to have a playable 1000p army when KOW 3rd arrrives. Here are some pictures of the finished units and heroes:

IMG_20190717_161605_zpshvvtk3vy

IMG_20190717_161833_zpsd4dfsg2f

IMG_20190717_161840_zpsxbolhrdl

IMG_20190717_161653_zpsexabs74h

IMG_20190717_161934_zpsm05fj56b

12 Likes

NICE! where are the werewolves from?

They are from TTCombat. They were part of their halfling kickstarter. Didn’t bought anything else, just 6 werewolfs for 6 pounds.

2 Likes

I’m currently working on a regiment of Skeletons. Only 5 to go. I also found 5 painted ghouls, made a quick multibase for a troop of them. Also 5 to go. After those two, I’ll paint my shiny new Mantic Necromancer. Pictures will follow soon.

A quick update. I just finished a troop of Ghouls. Pictures are bad, better ones will follow in the next days.

3 Likes

So, here are better pictures of the ghouls. The first skeleton regiment is also almost done.

5 Likes

Here are my Mantic skeletons (incl. an undead dog handler) and my Mantic Necromancer. I must say, these models are brilliant. They were fun to paint!

That’s 600 ‘playable’ points done:
1 regiment of skeletons
1 regiment of wraiths
1 regiment of werewolves
1 troop of ghouls
1 necromancer

4 Likes

Mantic skeletons are indeed a joy to paint! The minis have good details and alot of character. :slightly_smiling_face:
Looking good with the black & orange!

1 Like

Thanks! Yes, they are full of character. There may be better sculpts out there, but nothing says more ‘Army of darkness’ than these!

Looks great!
You need a Horde of Zombies, or at least 2 regiments. Then some hard hitters- Soul Reaver Cavalry, Zombie Trolls, maybe more Werewolves .
Some shooting- Skellie Archers or catapults.
Whats next?!

Thanks, I have a heavily WIP Zombie Legion, got 3 more werewolves, a regiment of Revenant Calvary, a Soul Reaver cavalry troop, another regiment of skeletons, tons of ghouls and a catapult lying around. I’m currently working on my first troop of skeleton archers.

4 Likes

What Skellie Archers are you using?

I’m using the ones from Mantic

1 Like

It seems the road to third edition is leading through a swamp :wink:
Cool units with some nice ideas (crocodile is awesome :smile:)

1 Like

Well, thank you! But what crocodile? I guess you’re referring to the zombie wolf on the zombie legion base? I have to take better photos :smile:But swamp is fitting, in fact german high moor in the ‘Harz’ region was my inspiration. Like this:

1 Like

Bargain!

Daniel.

Looks great, Undead are awesome in 3rd. All the basic Infantry become useful in different ways. I’m really happy with how it’s ended up, really good list. :slight_smile:

Daniel.

3 Likes

Yes, they were indeed. Too bad I didn’t order more.

Thanks, that’s good to hear. I really like mass infantry style armies with a few heavy hitters. I’m really looking forward to October.

1 Like

I just finished a troop of skeleton archers. Better pictures will follow. Next up is either a Balefire Catapult or a Revenant King. If I’m really lucky a Goreblight arrives in the next days. So maybe that.

2 Likes