Keno's Undead - (probably) never finished

I absolutely love how dense everything is! Great looking army.

2 Likes

Oh Wow! More like a large infantry model. Ok. Good to know.

1 Like

Do we know what Height it is?

Its stats were on the Undead preview video- but I don’t remember offhand. Anything could change also. ( Monster HT3 2:30 in video)

Base is a bit big but Height 3 tracks.

I would love to see those!

Thank you! I love multibasing. I didn’t know it before I tried, but it’s so much more fun to build an army like that. I want to give my regiments a more chaotic, horde-like look, since the idea of zombies, ghouls and skeletons walking in a perfect formation is ridiculous in my opinion.

2 Likes

I completely agree. Once you start multi-basing there is no going back. I have spearmen bunched together, goblins looking like a proper mob, etc.

1 Like

Goreblight
Spd 6
Me 4+
De 5+
US 1
Att d6 +6
Ne -/17
175 points
Cloak of death, CS 2 , Lifeleech 1, Shambling,
Keyword : Zombie

Im thinking Cloak of Death cause 1 automatic damage to foes within 6 inches. The opposite of the Phoenixes ability. But just my guess.

1 Like

I believe that’s been confirmed, exactly the same as the Chroneas. Pretty cool beastie, get it stuck in and help swing attrition even FURTHER in your favour.

1 Like

Balefire Catapult is finished!

As always: Better pictures will follow.

8 Likes

beautiful army! Love the autumnal colouring.

Thank you! I chose autumn, because it’s a symbol of decay in classical paintings. Very fitting for Undead. I itend to do a good army on lush green bases as a contrast one day.

3 Likes

Next up is the Goreblight. It’s based and spraypainted already.

9 Likes

Haven’t had the time to look through the video and this thread for a week or so (I blame WoW Classic’s return) but I really love the way they go with undead. Either you go horde with zombies and zombie trolls supported by necromancers or elite with vampires and wights. (or just combine what you need)

Anyhow, less than impressed with the Goreblight’s model. It’s a fancy cast, for sure, but not the large-scale multi-undead monster I had immagined. Frankly said, it looks remarkably similar in size and theme (though of better quality) than my scratch-built crypt horrors who now double as zombie trolls:

That said, I really DO like the idea of an undead golem flesh thing made out of many different corpses. It’s also a great opportunity for a conversion that fills that 50x50 base nicely. Congrats on the dude who made one himself, good inspiration.

As soon as the WoW addition wanes again (probably in a few weeks’ time) I might try my own hand at such a monster. The stats seem good enough for me to want a pair.

8 Likes

It´s been a while since I last visited my painting table. Work and the kids need a lot of attention atm. I put some washes on the Goreblight, haven´t had time for more. I hope to paint more soon.

1 Like

Amen.
(Today, I’ll try again to paint a bit.)

2 Likes

Back again! The Goreblight is still WIP, but it’s mostly finishing touches and the base. Here are some (incredibly bad) pictures:

I wanted it to match the colours of my Zombies. Good to be back at the painting table!

10 Likes

There’s so much going on with that model that it really needs to be painted to get the full picture. Great job!

2 Likes

Thank you, fellow undead general. You are right, there’s a lot of details on this beast, but it’s actually easy to paint. All details ‘pop out’ enough, lots of skin and bones and being an undead monstrosity renders it unnecessary to be overly precise. It’s fun to paint. I hope to finished it tonight.