Keno's Undead - (probably) never finished

This is a minor, minor detail but something looks a little off about the leaves on the tree. I think it might be that they look too uniform - would a few oranges, lighter browns and possibly red break them up a bit?

I really like the contrast of the undead and what looks like a pleasant village/town in autumn.

1 Like

I think you’re right. The leaves are from a years old unitfiller for WHFB. I just glued them there without any overhaul at all. I’ll put a bit more contrast to them. Thanks for the tip!

Awesome looking army i love the zombies

1 Like

Thank you! I really like your Abyssal project, very nice looking units!

The Zombie legion is finally finished!

Zombies from Gamezone, Heresy, TTCombat and GW found their way into the Mantic horde. There are Zombies from Dungeon Saga and Deadzone too.

Its actually above PMC with 50 zombies plus the corpse cart with driver, which I count as 10 models. So 60 models (with a bit of cheating ;))

With them out of the way, a Revenant King will be next.

13 Likes

Looks fantastic! Personally I would have put the whole thing half an inch back on the base so they started on the back edge, and didn’t hang over the front edge (because it’s hard to put up against enemy units with a lot of overhangs). But then I don’t have an awesome legion like this, so I can’t really talk :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I agree, I chose looks over playability at this point.

I drybrushed the leaves a bit to give them more contrast. Maybe I paint a few leaves in a different colour, but not at the moment. I have a game on Tuesday and I need to paint the Revenant King until then. But thanks to your tip, the leaves look better already!

2 Likes

The Revenant King is painted.

It’s a Dungeon Saga Revenant with the crown of a GW Revenant King. Nothing fancy, but i like the model. He will lead my army tomorrow.

8 Likes

One wouldn’t think what a difference a big hat makes :smile:. Great idea, might come back to this one Day myself.

1 Like

Wow that cart driver is great (and scary !)

2 Likes

I couldn’t attend to the tournament. The good thing is, that I can now continue to grow slow. Here is a second skeleton archer troop.

Of course I can field the two troops as a regiment as well.

14 Likes

I’m really liking those archer troops!

1 Like

My hobby time is very limited at the moment (no corona quarantine for me atm :wink:), so I made only slow progress on my Revenant Cavalry.

5 Likes

I finished the Revenant Cavalry at last!

It’s the first time I finished a cavalry regiment ever! I’m overall satisfied with the outcome. I’ll post better pics at the weekend, when I finally confront 1000pt of Dwarfs. The RevCav was the only unfinished unit on my list, so this will be a fully painted Undead army on my fully painted table against a (hope-)fully painted dwarven army.

13 Likes

My Terrain Crate 2 arrived and I am experimenting with the graveyard set for a ghoul horde.

6 Likes

I worked on the multibase for the Ghoul horde. It’s a bit much terrain, which I usually do not like, but I couldn’t resist a graveyard full of corpse eaters!
My 7 old Heresy ghouls will dive into the horde of Mantic ghouls. First up is the Corpse-Mother, feeding in the mausoleum:

11 Likes

the army’s looking absolutely brilliant!

1 Like

So is yours! Thanks!

1 Like

The game is delayed until early August. I took some better pics of the Revenant Cavalry anyway:

12 Likes