Kingdoms of Men & Brothermark

Using the hiatus in actual gaming to re-do my original KoM army, which since its conversion from warhammer had been fighting over the dreaded ‘black sand’ and was beginning to look rather tired.

This will also give me a reason to finish of a variety of historical models which have been sat in the bits box for donkeys years.

13 Likes

Decided to give the shields a repaint.

12 Likes

First of the footguard regiments

10 Likes

Lovely! It’s always great to revivify an old army!

3 Likes

After scouring the docks to find some militia!

14 Likes

Getting there!

14 Likes

Few more finished bits - polearm & ballistae are new paint jobs, the shieldwall just rebased.

11 Likes

Next few bits.

Some count as ogres - allies or for Brothermark list.

11 Likes

Wow just tons of character, the basing is excellent, I’d love to see the militia in real life, what a great army to play against!

The red is a nice accent but feels a touch flat next to all of your other really well executed textures? maybe its the slight satin finish on it? Just a laymans opinion tho and not worth much :slight_smile:

Great Job!

3 Likes

Cheers - fun army do (re-do)

In places the red is just contrast over base coats, while the other muddy (more natural!) colours are wash/dry-brushed. It does also come across in the pics slightly satin-y

2 Likes

Pair of generals on winged beasts.

GW LotR eagles and Fireforge knights

11 Likes

Another ogre palace guard unit for the brothermark side, a cannon and a couple of individual shots of the beasts.

14 Likes

Fantastic! Would love to see the bases all together as a big diorama!

2 Likes

Next peg wizard and a couple of WiP bits for the Brothermark.

10 Likes

Bit more work on the phoenix

10 Likes

The blue on the phoenix really works and is a nice change to the usual flame.

2 Likes

Cheers - partly done as I can never seem to get ‘real’ fire right! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Finished the phoenix.

A dragon, some infantry and a few characters to do.

9 Likes

Berserkers finished (penitents in brothermark)

9 Likes

Heroes

12 Likes