KoW in 2023 (Mantic Xmas Blogs)

’ * NEW PLASTIC ALERT! As well as the new Ambush sets, two of our Mantic IP armies will be getting new hard plastic kits, new models and Army sets in the summer! Anyone who has seen the new Ogres will appreciate the new standard we have set ourselves and we cant wait to get them into your hands! Both the updated Armies will also see a new Ambush starter set hitting the shelves upon release.’

Lets talk about this and why it’s gonna be Basileans and Dwarves!
(it’s def not Twiglet Kin 'cos they get their own paragraph)

6 Likes

+1 for Dwarfs, we are now having 2 factions that are hard to build from the existing kits and 1 that misses basic units in plastic
a dwarf kit that can make Imperial, Free and Northern Dwarfs with hand weapon, shield, spear and 1 ranged option

2nd one is more tricky, could be Elves, but also Naids
doubt it is Elves as this would also cover NA and than it would be 3 armies not 2

3 Likes

Looks like one is revealed to be Nightstalkers plastic Butchers. But could the other be…Basileans? New Elohi kit…? Go on Mantic make my year!

4 Likes

Depending on your interpretation of “Mantic IP” religious humans, elves and dwarfs seem generic. Trident realms and Nightstalkers feel more unique outwith cult horror and fantasy fandoms.

Also, if Twilight Kin are still involved with Nightstalkers, then new plastics for the cosmic horrors would be welcome.

3 Likes

Basileans are definitely considered to be Mantic IP…

1 Like

Since they have done new(ish) basilean m@à models, doing sisters and plastic elohi would go a long way to making an all mantic army possibly pleasant to do - which it isn’t at the moment!

4 Likes

I would expect new nightstalkers along with the Twilight Kin, there are a few gaps to fill and sprues to separate.

For the second:
While dwarfs and Baslieans both have a few gaps to fill, the current plastics are servicable and most of the range is covered. So I doubt they’re near the front of the line.
I understand the Trident Realm are in more urgent need of filling out, so they’re my guess.
I’m not familiar with the details regarding TR though.

2 Likes

I believe those will be Reapers for NS and Thuul for Trident. I think Ronnie mentioned Reapers specifically in one podcast and he also was mentioning thuul few times (how hard it is to build units from those resin sets that cost a ton of gold).

2 Likes

Now it might just be the dwarf fan in me talking, predictably, I think that dwarves might be getting a refresh.
Mantic is busy with gradually phasing out metal for resin and dwarves have a fair bit of metal.
Berserkers on foot, Ironguard, Bulwarkers, (Berserker) Lord, Bombard, Flamethrower, Sharpshooters, Battle Driller, Standard Bearer and Stone Priest.
We have had glimpses at where they want to go with the dwarves style wise (the models from Vanguard) and lets be honest several models really need new models, looking at you Ironguard and Bulwarkers.

2 Likes

Going into details for Dwarfs, there are 2 major and 1 minor factions that need the kit
All 3 factions need same basic weapon types of hand weapons+shield, two-handed weapons and crossbow with optional heads/bits to make Rangers
2 of the factions use spears and making them in Resin would be tricky and a source for a lot of complaints, so better in plastic too

So a single kit, similar to ogre ones could cover a lot of options though I guess only 3 different ones will fit and bits to change faction should be there as well

Naids miss some options as well though a Sisterhood box for Basilea would do a lot for that faction too
(yet Basilea needs 2-4 boxes, Paladin and Sisterhood Infantry and Cavalry)

2 Likes

Hi all, my money is on Basilians and (probably Free) Dwarfs. Out of the 6 ambush sets now available, we have 4 Evil and 2 Neutral factions, so I think they may balance this out?

3 Likes

dwarfs aren’t a Mantic IP though. I’m thinking we’re more likely to see Trident Realms and maybe some added to Basileans, although it’s more likely to be Nightstalkers which would then feed into twiglets in december

1 Like