Luke's very slow Salamanders

Thanks! I may some day go back and reprint them at about 70% scale, but I am quite happy with the splice job I managed on the trees.

A good day of boring work yesterday!

35 infantry undercoated. Gotta rip through them as quick as I can, only three weeks left!!

6 Likes

Using the airbrush for something other than undercoats:

I don’t love it, but I think by the time I get the brushwork done I’ll be satisfied.

12 Likes

I think it looks great!

2 Likes

This past weekend was Kippers’ Melee in Nanaimo BC, and with some help from friends I managed to put together a minimum-standard painted army!

Almost everything needs highlighting and detail work, and the bases are an absolute mess, but there it is, my very first painted army! For playability’s sake I’ll probably leave them as-is and start on some new units - Skylord and Fire Drake are probably up next, and then CoK 2022 will no doubt change my priorities!

7 Likes

Congrats! Hope the tournament was fun as well.

1 Like

It was! I was very rusty since I spent all my hobby time painting instead of practicing, but it’s always a great environment.

1 Like

Ok now that I’ve got 2000pts roughed in to a basic standard, the plan is to tackle new projects one at a time and then go back and finish things once pulling them apart doesn’t leave me without an army to play! So, with CoK changes still so uncertain, these are the modeling projects I’m most interested in - which ones do you want to see first?

• Fire Drake (tyrannosaur with rider)
  • Greater Fire Elemental
  • Kaisenor Lancers
  • Scorchwing Skylord

0 voters

4 Likes

Well I had hoped to have a mini to show off by now, but my printer has really been fighting me! I’ve ordered new FEP, so hopefully by the end of next week I’ll have that GFE to show off. I was not expecting it to be the poll leader, but now I’m quite glad!

1 Like

Two Greater Fire Elementals printed and primed!

Unfortunately I might have jumped the gun on the tan undercoat, I’m leaning towards a nice warm brassy color so I might do a coat of silver and then glaze with reds. Gotta do some testing.

7 Likes

Dude those look so good. I assumed you’d be going with some more standard looking Greater Fire Elementals. These are a pleasant surprise. So much detail!

1 Like