Mahou Palace Guard

Having recently decided to re-vitalise my Brotherhood Army into two new Armies , Brothermark and Green Lady , I started to playtest lists , I quickly came to realise the worth of the Ogre Palace Guard in the Brothermark List but then realised the cost involved for the , minimum, two hordes i needed , so I trolled the KoW pages on Facebook and found that both Jonathan Faulkes and Sam Sowden Garcia had successfully utilised GW Stormcast Eternals in the role. This was a godsend as I had around twenty of these that had been “Donated” at some point in the past :slight_smile:
I did a side by side comparison of a standard Mantic Ogre and a GW Eternal and realised that , while comparable in size , the ogre has a different neck shape , this would have ment that placing the hollow backed ogre head onto the suitably shaved Stormcast head would result in a too tall and straight backed Ogre , so with some experimentation I came to a procedure I liked , this involved carefully ( LOL ) removing the Eternals head and then using copious amounts of Green Stuff to make a neck for the Ogre head to sit on , then using more Green Stuff to disguise the bodge with an distinctly Basilean Hair-do :rofl:
The test models went well and I proceeded to produce the first batch . These were then painted , I went for a White Armour for a sign of purity and used Purple and Yellow for the robes , these match my current Basilean colour scheme based on the Eastern Roman Empire of the Middle Ages.
I decided to base the Ogres into a ruined Chapel , 3D printed , to fit the Brothermark back story of reclaiming lost lands while being “helped” by the Basileans .
The Army will continue to grow as I have Penitents , Villein Skirmishers and Knights of the Abyssal Hunt to add , hopefully I will share some of those pictures with you all soon.
Thanks For Looking :smiley:

15 Likes

Great idea well executed

1 Like

nice WIP pics to help us see how you get to the final unit, lovely work.

2 Likes

Great idea with a fantastic execution.

2 Likes

The Ogrecast (Stormogres?) are a lot of fun, and look great too :smiley:

2 Likes

I wasn’t sure it would. But you made it work. It seems the best use for sigmarines is being cannibalized for other projects!

2 Likes

They look awesome! Great use of the ruins of generica prints on the base as well, I also backed that KS and have (slowly) been printing out a full Vanguard board.

2 Likes