May the 4th be with you :) - painting topic

The models still need a good wash to bring out the features, but getting there. After some consideration, i switched shields between the two units of Dwarf Wars miniatures, so the big shields went with the Makadon Infantry with the long pikes, to make them resemble either Dwarf Spear Levy for Free Dwarfs or for Imperials, they would be Bulwarkers. These boys would be standard warriors, (or Greybeards in Warhammer 6th edition )

12 Likes

First Abyssal Hunt unit done.

16 Likes

Haven’t had much time for hobby through April and got distracted from the Varangur project with some deadzone models so these are the only thing I’ve completed this month

15 Likes

2nd Abyssal Hunt unit finished.

13 Likes

I love that green! Great job!

3 Likes

Those are sharp!

3 Likes

Well done everyone! It seems that we are now in May so as is the custom, the topic got an updated title :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Next WiP Abyssal Hunt

14 Likes

Gore riders and morax for my orc/RFO force

14 Likes

3rd lot of Abyssal Hunt

13 Likes

I’ve redone the base of my Vanguard Ice elemental with Greenstuff World’s Liquid Frost:

14 Likes

That’s a very chilly looking base, it seems like it worked well!

2 Likes

15 Likes

I’m trying to keep my Free Dwarfs on individual based rather than my preferred multiple model diorama bases, to give me more opportunities to field them. However , to be honest, Dwarfs in KoW and WHF 6th are poles apart, so much of it will be either/or. I will just buy and paint models that I like, and then figure it out as I go.
The last couple of days I have been scratch building a Lord on Shield bearers, which is a model I used to have when playing WHF and brings back fond memories of my childhood and reading Asterisk the Gaul.

12 Likes

Final elements for 2000 points of Green Lady: a fourth regiment of Retainers, and a mounted druid. The latter has my first ever attempt at OSL; it’s far from perfect, but I don’t hate it.

12 Likes

It’s neat! Dramatic torchlight druid.

2 Likes

Thanks! That was the idea, yeah, but the highlights in the cloak don’t really work for some reason, I think…

3 Likes

Final lot of Abyssal Hunt

12 Likes

I did a quick test paint scheme for my Dungeons &Lasers tiles.

It was quick (thanks to spraycans, airbrush, drybrushing and pigments) and looks cool. I’ll keep it that way and will paint the rest.

13 Likes

Those look great - have so far successfully convinced myself that i don’t need these, but not sure for how long!

3 Likes