Super September- painting topic

Second goblin spear regiment ready to go.

And joins their sister spear regiment to make the first spear horde.

Still work to do on the bases and banners but I’ll leave that till I’ve got the army nearly completed.

7 Likes

Hello!

Sorry for not posting for a while but unfortunately, I have not progressed with my painting much in the meantime. It is great to see, however, that many of you keep painting no matter what! That awesome and some fantastic models you got there, well done to everyone!

I am trying to get back to painting again and while I am still far away from finishing the unit, here are the first models:

It is quite interesting project because I want to get 10 models ready in total to form a unit. 5 of them need to be fixed and re-painted (the ones on horses already) and 5 are painted from scratch. It means I will need to paint 5 more horses later (and that includes adding more barding than the model has normally). In addition, I am also casting a few more shields as it seems I lost some of them in the meantime. I am learning how to do it but I am quite happy with the result. I wonder if you can guess which model has the original shield and which one has been a duplicate. :slight_smile:

Last but not least, I would like to continue with the topic during June so if you have an idea for a catchy title, let me know!

12 Likes

My paladin foot guard (3rd regiment) have been finished. Here’s a pic from another angle:

Then I completed my warhounds. (my alternative for gur panthers)

2nd troop (Completing a regiment) still WIP.

6 Likes

Finally got around to finishing the bases on this horde of spearmen.

Very near the end of this project, once they are done I’ll upload a few army photos.

Edit, even though KoW no longer has rules for unit standard bearers and musicians, I still add full command groups to my units where possible. Just helps give more character to a unit I feel.

9 Likes

Love these guys

One Skeleton regiment (also pictured elsewhere) and one zombie regiment (from several angles)

7 Likes

Barring the half-troll crew for the mumak, calling this done for the time being.

9 Likes

I went a sickly green with my zombies last year but I love that blue colour you have done them in.

Non-standard but striking.

2 Likes

Simply amazing.

Nothing like seeing a beautifully painted massive army. I think it is the height of miniature painting personally.

2 Likes

Dear all,

I am always truly inspired by the models, units and now even entire army (great job @Sceleris ! ) being showcased. It is really great to see the progress made and I am sure many would agree with me that it is a great motivator for us all.

Let’s continue through another month! Things are constantly changing but at least we can always get back to this topic and continue painting!

“Join us in June!” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Work in progress, hopefully I’ll get the bases finished this weekend. Would love a Horde of Pikemen, but sadly I don’t have enough parts. These are a bit of a kitbash. Using the standard bearer arm from the Fireforge mounted Mongolians on the infantry.

6 Likes

Really good @Stonehorse! Nice use of different weapons, the front rank definitely adds to the dynamic look of the unit. Awesome! :slight_smile:

First goblin rock lobber completed.

Just noticed I’ve missed a red glaze on the shield. :rofl:

I don’t bother with 50x50 for war machines. Single basing war machine miniatures in a multi-based system does not compute with me.

Base painting skin of next goblin spear regiment. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Looking good, how do the Mantic Goblins blend with the Oathmark Goblins?

Finally got around to finishing the bases on this regiment of pikes.

4 Likes

Awesome that everyone is still painting and great new thread title … i vote we keep it for July :grin:

I’ve still been very busy with moving to the new appartment this month, so I didn t get that much painting done. Before starting the next regiment (Stormwind) I’ve been working a bit on some leftover Minis that i experimented with earlier this year, but didn’ get to paint yet.

This guy for example will go into the front row of my Archer regiment:

2 Likes

Painting is a bit slow, but here’s my 2nd part of the regiment foot guard shown above:

And the regiment as a whole:

More pictures and the how-to-build this multibase on my blog later this week.

Furthermore: here’s my attack dogs: (Basilean gur panthers)

6 Likes

No actual painting done yet, but build phase for the sylvan kin done (barring a couple of heroes).

5 Likes

That’s looking like a lotta work @Sceleris, but it sure will be cool! Love that Dragon model too! (Where can I get that one btw? :rofl: :laughing:)

Great to see how many people are still posting here too! Thanks for updating the thread @Swordmaster!

I’ve been messing around with some undead the last days. Relatively quick paintjobs, something to use for a Vanguard Warband to play with a friend (who’s not into painting …. yet :grin:) now that my Elves are ready for it. :smirk:

So tada: The beginning of a small Undead Warband:

5 Likes

@Mikes - dragon is one of the Nolzurs d&d range (can’t remember which) - pretty decent for about £15

2 Likes

A Horde of bowmen finished!

6 Likes