Mike's (Mantic) Undead Army Update - a quite compact 2000pts. , for now

Quite an update for early 2024 (and since the last post): What was once a Vanguard project - and then a small Ambush Undead army - has now grown to 2000pts. :smiley:

Full army picture:

Quite happy with it at this stage, but already got plans for expanding it! :grin:

Old original posts:

What started long long ago as a Vanguard project originally, somehow quickly turned into a full 995pts. Ambush army. :grin:

Finally got around to assembling the whole army and took some pictures:

Army will be led alternatively by the (Halfing) Vampire Lord or the Lykanis in the back. Will have to pick either or, to stay within the Ambush point and character limitations.

Some extra models in the back: The lone archer might be used as a “Warbow of Kaba” marker in a Regiment sometime maybe and the two Revenants are leftovers from the original Vanguard project … but may eventually become part of a full regiment in the future.

Overall, those models took way less time than the Elves I’m used to, but nevertheless I’m quite happy with the result. :grin: Was also very refreshing painting completely different models with a different colour palette and a focus on getting them done quickly.

14 Likes

Nice work!
I love the wolves!

1 Like

very nice @Mikes

1 Like

Thanks @Fugue and @Nav ! :grin:

And with the (Ambush) army complete, I now have to lure some unsuspecting friends into the Hobby cave and try get a game in sometime. :wink:

4 Likes

Great work, I’m trying to get a bunch of Ambush forces ready myself to do something similar

2 Likes

So, having reached 2000pts. I guess it’s officially not an ambush army anymore!
Despite being 2000pts. it’s still quite compact (fitting on a 40x25cm footprint - well at least until I cave in and paint some large centerpiece model for it or expand it otherwise.) Hoping that will translate into easier transportation too, even though it’s still individual bases for each model - will find that out before a tournament eventually :slight_smile:

Full army picture and some pics of some of the additions since the last post:

Heroes / Army leaders - now with Liche King:

Soul Reavers:

“Rank n File” Undead (Revenants) & Artillery:

Also updated the original post with the full army pic :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Jarvis joins the Undead legions … turning them all into “perfectly good guys” suddenly! :grin:

6 Likes

a lovely cheerful spread of colour @Mikes Just what is needed for undead. They might be a nit mingy aound the edges, but they dobn’t need to be drab.

1 Like