Monster March - Painting Topic

Welp, for me this is done!

And it’s been a blast. Thank you, @Swordmaster , I’m glad you put this on!

13 Likes

Love following your progress.

This model - along with the others from the same range - has been on my Undead army wishlist for years.

It’s great to see one in the wild getting an amazing paint job.

1 Like

Eyyy you squeezed it in! That thing really took paint well eh? Looking forward to seeing how you tie the basing into the rest of your stuff.

1 Like

Yeah! It’s entirely contrast paint and drybrushing. The Wyldwood makes amazingly vibrant wood with just one coat. I wanted to try to paint it as little as possible and just let the detail do the visual work.
Might add some grey rock and more purple to the mushrooms to tie it in.

3 Likes

Cheers! The troopers are a bit out of scale with the rest of my mostly citadel undead, but the monsters are great. I’ve got the skeleton dragon painted up, too, but with a citadel vampire riding him instead of the gnome-looking necromancer it came with. I also have a skeleton giant but can’t recall if it was grenadier or one of the other non-citadel big brands from back then. Might be a Ral Partha.

1 Like

Well that took a while! Finished a side project finally that I had running for almost 2 years … painting 1-2 skellies at a time inbetween the main work on my elf army …
Sadly, … those aren’t really monsters (for Monster March), but I’m quite happy with them anyways.

Spent way less time and effort on them than i did on my elves. Mostly quick washing, drybrushing and minimal highlighting.

… and tada … with the latest addition, they add up to a whole Regiment already! Maybe they’ll eventually be part of an army :blush:

Main work on the Drakons is still my priority however :wink: These just … “happened” … somehow :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

No monsters done for me in march but it has been a pretty productive month of progress on the Varangur army. Completed 2 regiments of horse raiders and tundra wolves proxies, all based as troops for options, plus a lord on horse

Also got a load of frostgrave barbarians built ready to work on in April. These will be used to make some regiments of night raiders.

And also got the first of two chaos lords on rhino lizards built and dechaosified a little to use as a lord on frostfang

I’m aiming to get this army up to at least 2300 points by June ready for my first weekend event at the Northern Kings GT

16 Likes

very nice work @DanKennedy

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

Dwarf Flame Priest

22 Likes

Such a lush beard he has! Very nice painting work.

Flame Priest (Mantic) for my Dwarfs

16 Likes

Time for amazing April?

3 Likes

Damnit, a few days late. And not quite as finished as I’d like (some freehand shield patterns and banner, a bit more basing, and a crew member for the howdah would have been nice). But this will do!

20 Likes

It does look great though @salem .

2 Likes

Dogs of War unit for Rhordia

8 Likes

WIP Gladestalker troop #2 or combo into a regiment.

15 Likes

Two more troops of ice kin hunters:

13 Likes

Hello!

Here is (late) final update of the #MonsterMarch6 painting challenge!

Many thanks to all the participants and apologies for unplanned delay in posting the Final of Monster March!

Congratulations to all participants! Well done and see you next year!

11 Likes

well done everyone. There are some spectacular models in there. If i had to choose though, it’d be the big troll with the hammer for me, but so many other great contenders.

I always seem to have run out of models to paint in March and they arrive in April instead, so i’ve missed the boat.

2 Likes