Game 163 - Forces of Nature - 2022/10/23

Hello!

Here is the link to the battle report from the game 2 of Rage of Isolation 2 online tournament played on UniversalBattle2.

Elves vs Order of the Brotherhood commanded by Michael in Control scenario.

Game 148 - Order of the Brothermark - 2020/10/17

Many thanks to Michael for a great game!

5 Likes

Excellent report as usual. In my experience, a lot of mistakes come from time pressure, so you just need to try to keep calm and check lines of sight, charge ranges, etc. Others are just down to carelessness, so all you can do is try to be more alert and careful and make yourself do a last check on all moves before finalising them.

1 Like

Thanks you Ed! Indeed, time pressure is the very reason people want to use chess clocks. It adds to the game as you donā€™t have time to measure every angle! And yet, some players (e.g. Jeff!) rarely make mistakes. In fact, if you think they do it is probably a trap! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well yes, for sure, some of us are more prone to mistakes that others!

1 Like

Hello!

Here is the link to the most recent battle report from round 3 of Rage of Isolation2 online KoW tournament. Elves vs Goblins commanded by Stephen in Invade Scenario.

Game 149 - Goblins - 2020/11/17

Many thanks to Stephen for a great game!

4 Likes

That was a very good read. Itā€™s nice to see some Swordmaster battle reports after a bit of break! The game looks like it was close and interesting right to the end. As is often the case with Invade, winning first looks like it was pretty important!

2 Likes

Thank you Ed!

I am glad you enjoyed the report! I hope to keep you entertained with a few more, hopefully with a shorter break in between. :slight_smile:
Cheers!

2 Likes

Hello!

Here is the link to the most recent battle report from the final battle of Rage of Isolation 2 online tournament played on UniersalBattle2 .

This time, Elves vs Free Dwarfs command by Huw in Raze scenario.

Game 150 - Free Dwarfs - 2020/11/29

Many thanks to Huw for a fantastic game!

4 Likes

That was a bloody battle! Your plan seems to have worked, with the shooting wearing down the armour-Free Dwarfs enough for you to pick them off in combat. I didnā€™t understand why you split your fire between the two Brock regiments in turn 1.

1 Like

Hi Ed! Thanks! :slight_smile:

I didnā€™t split the fire intentionally. I have just realized during the shooting phase that I did not position units properly and I was not able to focus fire on a single target. And then Huw made sure next turn it was not possible without getting into range of one or the other Brock unit. 18" range can be quite difficult to get right sometimes!

1 Like

Thank you for posting!

An enjoyable read as always of a game that stays close.

1 Like

Thanks @DarkBlack :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello!

Here is the link to my most recent battle report from the casual game played on Universal Battle 2 against Jeffrey himself! This time Jeff brought the army of the Forces of the Abyss and we played Salt the Earth scenario.

Game 151 - Forces of the Abyss - 2020/12/23

Many thanks to Paul for his idea of two kings, I really like them! After this battle I switched to the mounted king for a couple of games.

Many thanks to Jeff for a great game!

5 Likes

Thanks for writing it up!

I do miss playing Abyssals, they suit my play style so well,

1 Like

Thanks for sweetening the holiday season with another Battle report @Swordmaster :grinning:

Tough foe you had, but a great writeup! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello!

Here is the link to my first battle report in 2021 and the very first game I played on Tabletop Simulator!

Elves vs Salamanders commanded by Karl in Foolā€™s Gold scenario.

Many thanks to Karl for extreme patience and guiding me through all the intricacies of the TTS! It was a fantastic first experience and I hope to have enough time to explore more!

Game 152 - Salamanders - 2021/01/26

5 Likes

Very interesting! Tabletop Simulator is tempting to get more into. Just seeing those 3D images of the units really got me into the vibe. :star_struck:

1 Like

Yay another battle report :slight_smile: As always a great read @Swordmaster, thanks :slight_smile:

Tabletop Simulator looks interesting, but I probably will wait until I got at least my first ā€œrealā€ game (or couple of games) of KOW in. Hope things will be better in summer and make that a possibility.

Iā€™ll still be busy painting up my first army the next months and I donā€™t want to ruin the magic of finally seeing it fully painted up on the table for the first game :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for your comments!

@FredOslow Yes, I think the visuals will be the biggest temptation for those who like such things :slight_smile:

@Mikes Thanks! I am glad you like them, even if I donā€™t report that often these days.

I donā€™t see TTS (or any online platform for that matter) as a substitute. Rather as an additional opportunity. And I perfectly understand that you would like to play that first game with the models you are painting! Letā€™s hope it is going to happen sooner than later!

Take care!

2 Likes

That first game definitely will happen @Swordmaster!

If all else fails and all tournaments get canceled ā€¦my fiance already said sheā€™ll play with me! Iā€™d only have to paint up a second army for her to play with :sweat_smile:

2 Likes