MSU Elves - 2000 vs Salamanders - 2021/01/26

Great battle reports as ever! Catching up on the ones for the second half of 2020.

Against the OotB, did the Paladin on Dragon fight anything?!

How would you respond to the artillery next time? It took costly units to deal with them in this battle.

1 Like

TTS looks really interesting. Iā€™m not making any demands, these reports are excellent - but some TTS screenshots of epic moments and the line of battle would be great.

1 Like

HI @MarkG!

Thanks a lot for your comments! I am glad you like the reports! I have a few more battles to write about so hopefully I am going to find time to post some more soon.

In the game against the Brotherhood my opponent was a bit shy with his Dragon and in the end he did not commit the beast to a fight.

Yes, it may look like I sacrificed the expensive units to get rid of the artillery. What it did in addition, however, was that it diverted some more enemy regiments from the scenario objectives. Ideally, I would have preferred to deal with the war engines either faster (so that I can fly away with Drakons and support other elements) or shoot them down with my fast cavalry. The second option is often less likely though, because the cavalry has the range of 18" only. It means it often gets into charge range of the faster elements of the enemy force.

I agree, the photos from the TTS game were not great and did not showcase the platform well. It was because I was quite busy learning the ropes and I simply need a bit of more practice in getting the right angle for the screenshot. I would try to take better ones next time I have a chance to play!

Thanks!