Done (hopefully!) in December! - Painting Topic

They are the reaper bones fire elementals - awesome models, esp for the price!

2 Likes

Abyssal Fiend

13 Likes

I like your choice of Abyssal Fiend @Sceleris - it’s always nice to see something a little different to the norm!

This is my first block of Ironguard. They’ve all got cloaks to differentiate them from my Ironclad, but they still look more or less identical from the front. So now I need to figure out a way to set them apart a little more. :man_facepalming:

21 Likes

gold highlights on the helms? Ruby / sapphire gems on them?

Good paint job, btw!

2 Likes

Cheers - I generally do the “little different to the norm” quite a lot!

2 Likes

That is unfortunate, I used as many different heads as I could find (from the command sprue and the full helmet with the eye slits) and a slightly different symbol (basically the same, but with an extra dot, that looks like it may have been added when the dwarf got promoted from an ironclad).

Pictures here.

1 Like

I made plumes from hair bits from Avatar of Wars berserkers for my Ironguard to stand out:

16 Likes

Make one of them into a standard bearer

2 Likes

Love his tiny buddy for scale :fire:

2 Likes

Pair of Ambarox stand-ins for my RFO force.

11 Likes

November was pretty much over when these arrived, but I started anyway
I thought I would experiment in painting a whole unit with them already glued in place on the tray

18 Likes

They look good! I’ve tried painting when already glued down and it’s usually a disaster for me.

3 Likes

Many thanks @wilberforce I’m still working on them but they are coming together.

3 Likes

With a bit of touch up and Agrax earth shade

14 Likes

Ropey troll pic - better to follow!

14 Likes

looking great @Sceleris

1 Like

Some better pics

17 Likes

I really like the look of those trolls!

1 Like

Now those are finally some trolls that I enjoy seeing on a forum! :grin: