December Dream! - painting topic

That really does make a great mincer, doesn’t it?

3 Likes

Finally finished second Wyrmrider centurion. This time nit a converted Wyrmrider but dedicated resin

model.

23 Likes

Excellent model @MiSiO_1 :+1:

3 Likes

Fabulous ! @MiSiO_1 a sweet model

2 Likes

Very very cool, think that s the best paintjob i ve seen on that model so far :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I’ve been switching back and forth between Romans and Celts, but my Celts have been a little conservative asmy efforts to paint tartan have been with limited success ,

but it seems that I can do Asterix lines instead.
Romans So far… (KoM)

and Celts (Herd)

9 Likes

Painted a gur panther as unit filler for my stormwind to get some soft score points at the upcoming Australian Clash tournament.

17 Likes

Thunder cat Ho!

1 Like

I painted this Grove Guardian (Rocket Pig Games) last month but didn’t get him based until this morning:

Readers with impressive memories might recognize him from when I painted a teensy 50% print of the same sculpt. This one is still only 70% scale!

I also based the Owl Goddess (Epic Miniatures) I painted in the Spring:

Both representing Lycan in my Herd army :herb:

12 Likes

The Gur panthers fit right in!

One is in playing hide and seek though.

14 Likes

After having spent such a huge amount of time on a single model with the Treeherder I felt like doing something entirely different inbetween. Painted some skellies, which I’ve been doing on and off inbetween the elves already anyways and also got around to painting this contraption:

Skellies go much faster per model than my elves :wink: … but this thing took some time as well.

12 Likes

Loving those @MechaSturgeon , and as you say, the Gur Panther slips right in .

2 Likes

Is the grey spongy looking material the base? or is it the bit on top, @Boss_Salvage ?
Either way works for me.

They are sweet.
The Grave Guardian looks impressive, although i would be lavishing colour on those fungi, but that’s just me. The black works too.

1 Like

nice @Mikes The metal parts look really shiny, like mercury or polished silver. sweet model and looks great. Looking forward to seeing a swarm of rattling bones.

I find it’s good to bounce between projects to keep it fresh.
I’m the same with my Romans and Celts. I’m finding the Celts very easy after the Romans, (Those Roman Helmets, in particular, are a real pain to get right.)
I’ve opted to paint as much as possible on the sprue in the hope that my Veterans don’t take as much effort.

3 Likes

Thanks Nav. They’re just standing on packing foam as a neutral photo prop (and because the magnets underneath might have been degassing from the glue so I kept them off my wood desk). On the mushrooms, I’m happy with this compromise, doing them brighter would have blown out my scheme and driven me crazy :sweat_smile:

1 Like

yeah, the colour scheme works well @Boss_Salvage so totally understandable. I tend to stand on the edge of the Abyss and fill my lungs with the heady scent of chaos, but I do still appreciate a good colour palllette, even if I don’t always stick to it myself. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Finished painting a troop of ghouls, still have bases to do though. I think i need to matt varnish all my undead coz the enamel wash really shines in photos. Anyway plenty more to go…

14 Likes

The banner waving ghoul is a lot of fun!

2 Likes

Thanks @wilberforce i really like having standard bearers to give the army uniformity. (With everything i’ve painted im up to a whopping 650 POINTS!!!) :smile:

4 Likes

perfect for some games of Ambush to get you in the mood

2 Likes