Painting topic - already August

(edited for August)
In this painting topic, you can post all your hobby related achivements!
Looking forward to see what you’ve created!

here’s two of mine:

3rd goblin blaster:

Kingdoms of men balista + crew:

As usual, more pictures and behind-the-scenes stuff can be found on my blog:

14 Likes

Dinky ballista :wink:

[Move to Showcase?]

1 Like

Made a chariot troop for EoD

12 Likes

Very nice, I do like the new EOD minis from mantic

2 Likes

10 Likes

Dark Souls

8 Likes

7 Likes

Did a small warband using Abyssal Dwarf models.

11 Likes

15 Likes

Started this Forest Warden for my Herd back in Monster March, finished him last night and based this morning on a base liberated from the previous warden:

Sculpt is Lord of the Print’s Mushroom King at 70% scale. Pretty terrible print on my part, had to replace his right leg and resculpt his knee, but makes for an imposing lad that matches my Great Chieftain myconid. Way cooler than a Forest Warden deserves but only so many large heroes in the Herd!

14 Likes

Still slightly WiP - count-as winged halfbreed

Really need to stop painting all the fun stuff and do some more dwarfs!

11 Likes

Err, I still need to do dwarfs!

13 Likes

Well, ‘Moderate progress May’ here:
My D&L Encounters terrain arrived a couple of weeks ago and I’ve redone one of my woods.

I really like the fantasy look of it. Model train trees have been given to my nephew who has an actual model train. It’s quite a bit of work to be done to redo the other woods and terrain pieces, but it’s fun.
I also did a few of the rocks:

And I put a rock onto another tower for my ‘castle-to-be’:

(WIP)

12 Likes

3 Mawpub Launchers ready for battle

13 Likes

Yay, more goblins!

I completed my balista project, a goblin king and my 2nd luggit regiments.

All hobby progress and more pictures can be found on my blog, as usual.

14 Likes

WIP of some hunters and a warden.

12 Likes

Won’t paint this for a while, but had the models sitting in the box since last year now and wanted to know if my idea would even work … and well, as a proof of concept I find it looks great and I’m looking forward to painting this as a “Revenant King on Undead Great Flying Wurm” as my final model to eventually finish my Undead KoW army:

Models are the new Mantic Dungeons Dragon (wings repositioned) with a Revenant Cavalry Rider on top. So it’s all Mantic and holds up well, even when placed next to some Dungeons and Laser Dragons. Without arms the model better represents the Great Flying Wurm instead of a “Dragon” imho, but just might run the model as an Undead Dragon sometime too. :wink:

At first I thought the model would be too small, but after repositioning the Wings the overall look & feel improved greatly (And the Wings don’t get in the way of Infantry/Cavalry placed next to it anymore) Also had to shave off some spikes to fit the rider. Just a shame it looks a bit too mean (especially the head) or I would have used it for my Elves … perfect fit for the Undead though imho.

Closing thoughts: Can we have a Dragon model similar to this, with a similar cool pose, less mean looking, with a more traditional head (and arms, and maybe more scales!) for use in other armies please? (or more than one Dragon! :grin: ) Pretty please Mantic? Pretty pretty please with a cherry in top!??! :laughing: :smile: :grin:

11 Likes

That looks perfect, the dragon and rider really do look made to fit together.

3 Likes

I even squeezed a saddle from a butchered Drakon Lord under the rider, but with or without saddle it really fit nicely without even having to bend anything, so yep, really great fit :grin:

2 Likes

Great idea, great execution! I might steal that to build a Vampire on undead dragon.
I already have an flying wyrm and a different model for the dragon instead of a variant would be cool.

2 Likes