Painting topic - already August

Little scenic piece for the (almost inevitable) display board

8 Likes

Im reworking on my Hrimm the Legendary Ice Giant

11 Likes

Painted a wizardly mouse.

5 Likes

Thanks @KptKeno! I’m not sure as I don’t have the models, but the Undead Soul Reaver Cav Riders may fit as well, then it would a a real “Vampire Lord on Undead Dragon”. :grin:

And while I don’t have Soul Reaver Cav (yet), I do have the Plastic Stormwind Elf Cav … and I think those use the same horse models and the Riders fit (with slight bending with hot water maybe), so pretty pretty sure the Soul Reavers would too:

8 Likes

Nice! Thanks for the info @Mikes I might need two arms foe that dragon, though. Maybe some toy T-Rex can lend me his.

2 Likes

You re welcome @KptKeno !

Furthermore: The head is also a bit strange for a normal dragon (especially the teeth) - looks more like the Mantic Cavern Dweller Model s head than what you d expect an actual Dragon to look like - especiall from the front.

So if using it as a real Dragon you might want to mod the head as well (or not - it does look adequately evil / undead in any case, just not a typical “dragon” :wink: )

For me, definitely perfect as a great Flying Wurm … mh and might just slap on a Brew of Sharpness to get Dragon offense with -/18 for 300pts total.

4 Likes

Last of my Abyssal (Dark) Dwarf warband models.

14 Likes

Those are Riftforged hammers, right? Great kitbashing and lovely heat effect.

3 Likes

It feels wrong to suggest anything good about Abyssal Dwarfs, but I have to say those hammers look fantastic.

2 Likes

It’s kind of amazing how well those hammers work with the dwarves!

2 Likes

Some work on the Dragon’s rider, not much, but at least some :grin: , tried not to overdo it with the gold highlights as I had that go horribly wrong on some of my armies models in the past!

3 Likes

Another Winggit joins the forces

i

12 Likes

That’s a neat model for a Wingit @Garuses ! ( … or maybe a Walkit / Runit in this case? … Walkgit? :grin: )

Really like how it’s something quite different, but still fits perfectly into the overall Goblin aesthetic at the same time. - also digging the glowy front light!

2 Likes

That Winggit looks great @garuses

2 Likes

Thanks! Nie I know how to make good heat effects. A bit more reds and coal blacks. But those came up great anyway.

Yes. Rift hammers.

2 Likes

Few more bits and pieces finished.

9 Likes

Finally made some progress :slight_smile:

16 Likes

beautiful work

1 Like

The Revenant Cav Leader I used as a rider earlier happened to have a horrible mold line straight through the face, which i wasn’t able to remove properly and trying to paint over it with primer didn’t end well either. So I kitbashed some more, swapped heads with an Infantry Revenant and am now torn between a regular Revenant Cav. Rider with Lance (Lance is great for a Dragon Rider oh yeah!) or the kitbashed one with the new head… aka “Lord Helmet”. :wink:

Partial to Lord Helmet right now … , that lance on the other hand … blah, might have to paint both before making a final decision :laughing:

All done while waiting for varnish on my other Dragon Rider to dry. :grin:

6 Likes

… and another side project for much later in my Undead project:

I had planned to use an alternate Rider (Soul Reaver Cav.) for the Pegasus but hadn’t realized how tiny it is … a Soul Reaver looks comically large on it! :laughing: (Poor horsie! :rofl:)

So it looks like I’ll be stuck with the original rider, which is a bit meh, … unless someone can point me towards an alternative mounted vampire (preferably Mantic) that might fit. (Possibly also a Human model painted as a vampire?)

Also, for anyone planning to get that Pegasus kit (hadn’t realized it’s full metal either!!): The pose is really problematic … I would strongly suggest some support for the forehooves (like the rock i placed there), otherwise the whole wheight rests only on the 2 small hooves on the back and it’s horribly unbalanced towards the front … not sure if I would trust superglue with that for any stretch of time or gaming stress.

6 Likes