The Elven way: A tale of Red Era inspired Hobby: Mage on Unicorn 28/09/23

Thank you me too.

Finished my Drakon Lord conversion from the AoS Lumineth Lord Regent kit and lotr eagle wings.

Lord Amarynth Warden of Bel-Valdar (Drakon Lord)

Youngest son of Varlil, Warden of Bel-Valdar. A prodigy in warfare and tactics. Rather than take up the traditional mantle of Warden and Warleader of Bel-Valdar along with the role of King, Paweldran instead offered the role to his youngest brother recognising Amarynth’s gifts meant he would better protect the city and its citizens.

Amarynth rides into battle on Navarel a mystical winged beast from the mountainous forests to the north of Bel-Valdar. He wields the ancestral Lance of Valdar, crafted for the first of his line with an arcane Dawnstone forged into its tip. He is also equally skilled with his sword Vendril a blade embedded with runes a gift from his departed father Varlil.

17 Likes

A little bit of WIP, I managed to get my hands on the iconic Tiranoc Noble on chariot model from 4th Ed WFB. I’ve only done the Charioteer so far but thought it would be cool to share him along with a few WIP shots.

15 Likes

I’d forgot how big that dude’s helmet crests were! :wink:

Nice and bright paint job

2 Likes

Thank you, yes he’s no wallflower.

1 Like

Lord Feanor (Chariot Noble)

A cousin of Paweldran, Alenui and Amarynth, Feanor is of similar age to Amarynth and has been a constant rival of since childhood. Appointed Master of Horse Feanor is a superb horseback rider and a peerless chariot driver. Wielding his grandfather’s weapon, the ancient halberd Asurdal, he is a fearsome foe on the battlefield.

10 Likes

Amazing paintjob, I can’t help but think wind resistance would hurl him off the back of the chariot though!

3 Likes

An elf would never be hurled, he’ll simply glide gracefully.

1 Like

With some of my units having quite severe overhang I wanted to make some spare bases I could use where necessary in combats and to help check things quickly if needed.

I wanted to come up with something with these bases so that I didn’t end up with a board of brown mdf when my knights were in combat. In the end I came up with the idea of copying the white dwarf battle report symbols which would be practical whilst maintaining the feel of my army.

10 Likes

Those are very stylish, wonderful idea and quite sharply executed :sparkles:

2 Likes

I LOVE your proxy bases! I did something similar for my Dwarfs, though i only painted mine a straight mottled orange. I might have to add some symbols to mine too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Started the second unit of Silverbreeze this time switching to grey horses.

7 Likes

The Iconic Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower

7 Likes

Aeneas (mounted mage)

A fey child from the noble house of the Amber Hart Aeneas showed his innate magical abilities from a early age. Once accepted into the college of magic as an apprentice under Eldroth’s tutelage he was drawn to the mysteries of nature be they those of the weather or the primal strength of the beasts that inhabit the forests surrounding Bel-Valdar.

In battle Aeneas has turned the tide for the forces of Bel-Valdar many times even when it means placing himself in mortal danger. He rides into battle upon the Unicorn Raina. Wielding two precious artefacts gifted by King Paweldran himself, from the vault in Shrine Raloris in reconition of Aeneas’ bravery on the battlefield, the Staff of Oroldreth and the Sword Nuinaeth

10 Likes

Nice little accompanying story!

1 Like