The Host of Lionstone (Elves) [UPDATE 7.5. Alarielle / Archmage]

Here’s the first test model for my Gladestalkers. I am not yet sure about whether to do the scalemail on green like the rest or dark metal to set them apart from the rest of the army, a bit darker and more grim look. What do you guys think?

2 Likes

First batch of Gladestalkers ready! The lighting is off, so they look a lot darker and more flat than in real life, but overall I am rather satisfied. The varnish left a bit of an odd finish however, not sure what happened there.

I think for my future pictures I need a lighter colored background for the units. Maybe I can swing one for an army picture, somehow…

3 Likes

A quick glimpse of the entire host, assembled to answer the call for aid from a watchtower! Also some better pictures of some units :stuck_out_tongue:

Griffon Knights (Drakon Riders)

Made some changes to the RBTs, giving them a small “lionesque” flair

Chariot regiment is also ready to go

And next projects:
Second Standard Bearer

Hunters of the Wild

5 Likes

And I’m back again! Life’s been really busy, but with the 5g signals and exploding bats slowing things down, I have time to do some hobby work again! This time I’m making a stand-in for Argus Rodinar! In my army, I will be using the rules, but my own fluff: an elder elf strategos, taking to the field to guide the young ones in how war SHOULD be fought!

First time ever test assembling anything too! The mage is there to show scale and such, he won’t be the final model, but I needed a stand in :slight_smile:

Feedback most welcome!

3 Likes

Well, while the battle throne thing’s undercoat is drying, I decided to finish my second Army Standard Bearer . Behold!

Painting skills are a bit rusty after 6 months or so, but still turned out pretty ok IMHO. The banner is being made by a friend of a friend to be printed out later, I suck at freehand and have no graphic design skills, so outsourcing is a must :frowning:

2 Likes

The Argus model looks very exciting! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Decided to shake a little more rust off my painting skills before getting to the strategos, so instead I finished my second troop of Silverbreeze! I know they’re more effective in regiments, but as I don’t have anything that could be used as the Cat Chaff, Silverbreeze will have to fill in for now!

EDIT: Note to self, remember to add the picture…

2 Likes

Welp, got everything done! Here he is, the (as of yet unnamed) old master strategist of the Lionbane family! In canon he’ll be the one to have tutored the current lord, and still remains a venerable and respected, if somewhat crotchety, master of strategy and tactics in service to him.

Used as Argus Rodinar

7 Likes

Great looking !

1 Like

The green, white and gold colour scheme looks fantastic. What green do you use? I think I need that for my elves too. Also where are the lion (?) riders from? I especially like the chariots

1 Like

The green is fairly simple Black undercoat - Caliban Green base - Warpstone Glow highlights - Waywatcher Green glaze :slight_smile:

The lion knights are my own conversions using the lions from the plastic High Elf chariot, various mounted elf legs, top halves of the plastic White Lions and some custom shields I found online along with some bits and bobs I happened to have in my bits box.

I’m glad you like the chariots, I do too! I just wish they’d be a bit better this edition :frowning:

That is one very impressive looking force. Nice to see a clean and original colour scheme for Elves.

1 Like

Progress!

I’ve always felt kind of bad that I don’t have that many White Lions in my army, so I am happy to show a new addition! A brand new Troop of Palace Guard!

I would like to have 10 more to have two units of 20, but preferably the ones that I don’t have models for yet to keep the units have some internal variety.

I also finished the rest of my Shadow Warriors (to be used as Gladestalkers), and much like the army of Liechtenstein, they have picked up a friend from somewhere on one of their rangings!

And finally, I have finally finished all of my Maiden Guard models! Still need a few models to get this one up to 20 as well, but until then, unit fillers will have to do! Probably will use as Therennian Sea Guard, but equally likely they’ll be used as Tallspears

4 Likes

Looking good!

Every time I see the now out of production High Elf models, I am flummoxed that GW scraped the line, and to add insult to injury plan to replace it with those new cow mountain elf abominations. Seriously, GW… your 6th edition High Elf, Dark Elf, and wood Elf lines were and are some of the best Elf kits the market has ever seen. Feels like a crime.

1 Like

Well, some of the old models do look a bit static (Swordmasters…) but for the most part I absolutely agree with you. There ARE good things about the latest sets, but unfortunately the ridiculous sized helmets do kind of ruin a good thing.I do have to say that I LOVE the new Eltharion model though, will probably get him at some point to be my Tree Herder, since my Forest Shamblers are going to me statues brought to life to defend the realm, rather than livng trees (more in line with the “civilized” aspect of my elves, rather than being all Forces of Naturey)

1 Like

Long live the queen! To this date, Alarielle is one of my absolute favorite models GW has ever done, especially when it comes to lady elves! I’m probably going to be using her as an Archmage, although that would make her the third Archmage model I have, and not sure if I could ever find use for all of them at once :smiley:

5 Likes

Looks good, so where did you get the maiden models? I tried looking for them on eBay with little success.

Thanks! I got the first 15 models many years ago when GW still sold old stock (early 6th edition) and have been picking up the rest here and there whenever they’ve come available at local second hand groups and the like. Sorry to hear that you haven’t had luck, I think looking at a local level will yield better results, but a lot of people’s stock has been scrounged up by wicked people like me :smiley:

Here is a source of maiden elves, assuming your wallet can bear it! https://thetrolltrader.com/search?type=product%2Carticle%2Cpage&q=maiden.

They look marvellous… if it wasn’t for the fact that they’re in Euros and not US Dollars.