Monster March - Painting Topic

Happy New Year!

Welcome to the first painting topic of the year! Let’s continue with sharing, motivating and inspiring each other. This topic did help me a lot in keeping the motivation and interest in the hobby high. Especially when I did not have much spare time for it. I am thus even more happy I completed some projects in 2021 and I start 2022 with more ideas for the painting and modelling projects. :slight_smile:

I hope there will be even more active participants this year. All are welcome, new contributors and veterans alike! I encourage all of you who have separate topics dedicated to your armies/models/projects to use this one to link them too!

Last but not least, special thanks to @KptKeno for a great idea for the title of this month’s topic!

Cheers!

15 Likes

A troop of ba’su’sus vile brood

24 Likes

@KptKeno Not Dry Brush January?

5 Likes

Two Brock regiments completed.

Decent miniatures by Mantic. Be nice to have command options in the kit. Very meaty miniatures - hard to do a full unit count on the base. They look like they would hit hard.

Next up? Two Mantic cannons and five Avatars of War leader miniatures are already on the table. Have to say I’m excited about tackling the AoW metals - they look beautiful.

Keep the updates and pictures coming everyone. Always great inspiration.

21 Likes

Are the riders easy to assemble or is it a hassle?

3 Likes

Purple beards, genius!

3 Likes

I found the riders easy enough to build.

The brocks needed a bit of hot water bending and filler but nothing too extreme.

I would recommend the kit. Like I said it could do with a command option and another weapon arm would be good as well but they are fun to paint. Bulk wise I think as a unit they look super as heavy cavalry on the table.

5 Likes

The Vallejo squid pink on the brock and dwarf lips was my favourite colour. But the purple and orange beards were fun as well.

Photos aren’t great and are bleeding a bit of richness off the real colour.

5 Likes

I have posted my Coral Giant in my Trident post but if there is a chance to motivate someone … there he is. Finished few days ago. Full Mantic.

Next innoine is Depth Horror Eternal.

23 Likes

That giant looks amazing! Your blending looks spot on, good palette and the base looks awesome.

3 Likes

Another mantic giant - not as nice as @MiSiO_1 one though, which is epic!

19 Likes

I’m just a weak woman :joy: - I love these foxes :paw_prints: :fox_face: :heart_eyes:

21 Likes

Really great models!

2 Likes

Those foxes are aggressively cute.

3 Likes

Right? :smiley: They are smiling :heart_eyes: :fox_face: and jumping playfully over the hills.
I was worried at first, cause there are only two skulpts, but with the hills it looks OK.

3 Likes

Finished up two regiments of zombie trolls and two regiments of immortal guards. I’m excited to get to the point we can play with full armies rather than cardboard stand-ins. We’re getting close!

18 Likes

@Niall78 i love those brock riders. Great models, and if i was starting a new army, it’d probably be the Free Dwarfs just so i could get loads of badger riders and ‘giant slayer’ dwarfs.

4 Likes

Butcher Fleshripper

Second Regiment of Butchers

15 Likes

Abyssal dwarf berserker troop using Loka figures

17 Likes

Very snazzy beards

3 Likes