Twilight kin and allies

Good day

I have been playing Trident realms for quite some time, and have an undead army, but I am looking to branch out.
Well to be honest, wasn’t really looking to branch out, but then I saw these elves:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ttcombatundead/desert-of-the-dead-fantasy-wargaming-miniatures/description

Suffice to say, I am backing it to start a pretty modest Twilight kin force.
Just a side note, was thinking of writing some lore for them as the Dawn-Kin.

Anyway, I have not played with or against Twilight Kin, so was wondering what advice you guys might have?

Looking at them, my main concern is sustain. Most of their units seem quite squishy. So I was considering what would be good allies for them? I was thinking of maybe taking a naiad ensnarer horde and maybe something else, just to serve as an anvil, it feels like that would fill quite a hole in the Kin list.

Most kin lists you tend to see heavily feature chariots and dragons, with most infantry being xbowmen.

Ensnarer hordes are great - but you need to use them as a solid centre to an army (or blocking off a flank) - which might not fit with the rest if the kin list you are running?

I’d be inclined to wait for v3 and the second army book before really sorting an army. Chariots are changing formations, infantry across the board is getting a buff.

Yeah the smart move would be to simply wait for 3rd ed.

Just looking for some discourse to get the ball rolling in my head

I got to say though, the TTCombat resins are of a very inferior quality. I backed some werewolves from their halfling kickstarter and bought some Dropzone Commander stuff. The sculpts are great, but they were full of holes, uncrisp details and flaws. I hope they fixed the problem by now.

Oh that is unpleasant to hear.

I have some Dropfleet minis, and to be honest I haven’t had any issues with them. All issue I know of from people in the Dropfleet group here, was a miss pack. But the next time we played he had the part that was missing, so not sure what happened there. Will just follow up with him how he got it sorted.

Thanks for the heads up

To be fair, I ordered a pair of Wolverine buggies and they were perfectly fine. The werewolves could be fixed with green stuff, but still a weak first impression of ttcombat resins stays.