Third edition Rumours

Not a fan of variable charge distance either.
Adding rolls to make things random take control of the outcome away from players. it also adds a little excitement, but it’s a fine balance and part of what we like about KoW is that it’s so firmly on the players controlling the outcome side of that spectrum.

I’m sure Mantic and the RC know what they’re doing though.

So there aren’t any reveals from GenCon or the Mantic night at all, beside the photos from the Mantic booth!?

No blog article, no youtube vid or something else ^^!? … Are there rumours for a 3rd edition starter set, containing two starter armies? Would be really amazing if it would be true :smile: :ok_hand:

1 Like

There is talk that Mantic showed photos of the new phoenix and other new models. I expect them on the Mantic Blog very soon.

2 Likes

Plenty more KoW3 stuff this week. Stay tuned.

6 Likes

when dealing with conventions, if you don’t get info during and on the spot, expect a delay once it is over. there is always travel time, and for the businesses, time needed to handle anything that cropped up while the head honcho’s are at the convention.

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: 3rd edition wish-list

So, what about a new starter for KoW? Did anybody hear something? Not actually a rumour but many think the new artwork that was posted last week (showing Northern Alliance fighting Nightstalker), would perfecty fit a new box. With the relatively new range of nighstalkers and the confirmed future release of plastics for the Northern Alliance, I guess that would make sense.

1 Like

My hope is these two for sure, I’d enjoy painting those models.

5 Likes

Great news. Eagerly waiting for more tidbits of information.

couple things gleaned from the sample pages shown.

the goblin army has gained a new special option, an option to upgrade to have ‘mawpups’, which is a one use upgrade that boosts melee combat, giving an extra 5 special attacks that hit on 4+ and have Crushing Strength (1)
more or less a melee version of elvish battlecats and Dwarven throwing mastiffs.

Goblins have a new unit called the “Luggit Gang”.
troop and regiment sized
Sp 5 .Me 4+ .Ra - .De 4+
Attacks 10?/20
Nerve -/12 and -/16
105 and 165 pts.
Brutal, Crushing Strength (1), Wild Charge (D3)
and can take mawpups.

Northern Alliance seems to be based in the remaining Glaciers in the mountains to the north, and have a fortress city named Chill. which might be their capitol?

new unit abilities:
Shattering (n), which reduces enemy nerve check threshholds
Wildcharge (n), which adds extra distance on a charge, with both constant and random options.

i wonder if the special rules/upgrades section has been expanded across multiple armies now? i could see Kings of Men for example having a throwing weapons (axes, pilum, etc) ranged option, more than a few of the historical army lists did. and i’m sure you could create some fluff options for all the factions to give variations of the melee and ranged extra attacks option for just about any of them.

Mawpups= Fanatics. It would be neat if Ratkin got the same for hidden assassins in units.

I bet Cannons get Shattering to make them a decent option.

1 Like

Any idea when pre orders will start

Friday. Retailers get info Friday so that’s when preorders open…

Well don’t that figure I’m broke till the end of the month guess I be playing 2nd ED for awhile

Hmm maybe. :wink:

Daniel.

That detail in the northern alliance is already in the 2nd ed rulebook.

Pre-orders doesn’t mean actually getting the book. The book is not released until October.

Can I assume that multibasing with the Minimum- and Prefered Model Count and a unit’s footprint is still a thing?

There’d be a riot if they changed that one surely?

1 Like