2000pts Forces of the Abyss

First time a putting together a Forces of the Abyss list and would appreciate any advice on this 2000pt list. Happy to tear it up and start again if I’m on the wrong path.

Army: Forces of the Abyss
Unit Strength: 22

170, Abyssal Guard Regiment
– Sacrificial Imp
170, Abyssal Guard Regiment
– Sacrificial Imp
260, Moloch Horde
– Sacrificial Imp
– Despoiler Champion
185, Succubus Regiment
– Lurker
185, Succubus Regiment
– Lurker
260, Moloch Horde
– Despoiler Champion
– Sacrificial Imp
65, Imp Regiment
65, Imp Regiment
265, Manifestation of Ba’el
85, Gargoyle Troop
145, Abyssal Champion
– Lightning Bolt (5)
145, Abyssal Champion
– Lightning Bolt (5)

1 Like

I don’t play abyss, and we don’t actually have an abyssal army in the group we play with, but it first glance, and from my limited experience playing in our group, this army lacks speed. By speed I mostly mean cavalry though monsters and titans can fill the roll too. Though you need an abyssal players o
pinion on this. How do you see the army playing (whats the plan)?

2 Likes

Was looking to use the succubus in the terrain on each flank and the infantry in the middle, have the demon fly round once units engage and use regen to keep them in the fight once engagement occurs.

Speed is a very good point.

1 Like

I dig the list, seems like a solid all-rounder, if a bit slow (but then I like infantry-heavy forces with inbuilt redundancies, so cheers :beers:)

A thought, if you don’t want the Imp swarms, you could do triple Gargs if you drop all those sacrificial imps. Might be worth it, unless you want to paint up the little swarmy dudes. They’re certainly chaffy, just not as top tier as the Gargoyles are.

2 Likes

Its similar to what I’ve used, although I usually play at 2500. Molochs and Succubus usually do ok but the later lost a bit of attack power. I like some speed some Horsemen and an Archfiend (lovely model) usually make my lists. In V3 I think flying character hunters are more needed so look at wings on a champion, the seductress, or Mau’ti-bu-su perhaps