2022 New Years Resolutions

The Undead and Abyssal Dwarf armies are done.
I’ve painted a ton of minis in the first half of the year, though I’ve drastically slowed down since.
My multibasing skills are getting better. Still not great or dynamic, but definitely an improvement.

4 Likes

Enough Basileans for a waband, including some dungeon saga figures. Using valendor as a palace guard proxy.

12 Likes

I’ve stuck to basileans and dungeon saga so far. As well as those posted above, I have finished Ba’el. Dungeon saga scenary is slower. Seems to take ages and not be that satisfying at the mo, but I will persevere

4 Likes

Oh i remember that … keep going, one door at a time!!! I did some KoW painting inbetween to get through it and eventually it was all done. :wink:

It does look cool seeing it all arrayed on the table/board so there s payoff at the end! :grin:

1 Like

Games played (3) is outnumbering new armies painted (0) - so I’m counting that as progress!!!

I’ve painted lots of stuff for existing ones but will leave new army as a summer project (ogres using Para Bellum Nords and LotR orcs)

5 Likes

We’re halfway through the year, so probably time that I post my progress.
Here’s what I was aiming for:

This has not been a great hobby year, so I was right to set modest goals, I’m afraid.

I did get a horde of fiends done for Monster March, a monster because I used a collosal spider as most of the unit:

I have aquired more nightstalkers though. A new dread-fiend beacause the bone naga didn’t fit the theme (see what I mean here), a second mindscreetch and a sprue of scarecrows (because I keep telling myself that I will play a fantasy skirmish game… eventually).

As for minis painted during lockdown; I took my nightstalkers to an event in October and took my dwarfs to a one day events this year. The list I wanted to take didn’t use ironguard or cannons though, so those are still yet to be in a game.
Here’s a picture of my dwarfs facing monster heavy goblins at said event:

For not Kings of War I did get my Germans done and all the Romans have been aquired and primed, not very far along with painting though.
Assuming one non-KoW picture is acceptable; my 15mm 15th Century Germans came out like this:

10 Likes

Good progress @DarkBlack!

1 Like

I finally got the last of them on!

My ironguard, steel juggernaut and cannons have finally seen the field. Againt elves.

Sadly, the game had to end early, but… we took down thier dragon.
This brave boy started it off with 3 damage.

Helped by the steel behemoth and a few shots from shapshooters.

Then the dragon picked on the sharpshooters.

It followed up to get out of everyone’s arc, but the steel behemoth just finished it off with shooting :man_shrugging: (it did help that I rolled double six on the nerve test, twice!).

That leaves some nightstalker odds and ends (I’ve gotten more :sweat_smile:) and my 15mm Romans.
Not sure I can get the Romans done this year, but I’ll try.

8 Likes

Finished the dungeon saga scenary (from the original game plus some extras). Technically I have a few other bits and pieces floating about. Here is a photo of all my dungeon saga stuff lined up to make me feel good about myself!

See if you can spot the non mantic halfling necromancer/vampire as well!

9 Likes

Bravo!

1 Like

beautiful, so you’re saying there is hope for me yet then to finish my own.

also I spotted him at the fourth time of asking, nice basing it blended in seamlessly

1 Like

There’s always hope! I believe in you. I never thought I’d manage it.

1 Like

/Cheers! You did it @screamingaddabs !! Looking great! And you not only finished the whole Dungeon Saga Box, including furniture, but the expansion and some extra pieces as well! Kudos! :grin: Already makes me go back to Dungeon Saga myself … :wink: But … so much to do, so little time … :wink:

1 Like

Thanks! Sight correction… some of the expansion! I still have a few doors and some treasure chests that seem to have lost their lids, plus the rest of the abyssals…

It was strange, I hated painting the furniture stuff and put it away until one day I really fancied doing some simple stuff with a clear end point, and really enjoyed it. I now really don’t fancy the extra doors or abyssals. Hopefully one day soon I suddenly will!

1 Like

Well first expansion complete would actually be my next goal as well; i ve got the main game and Valador expansion in German (my native language) as well and if my kid ever decises to give it a go he’ll get the whole painted miniature set :wink: … but that will be while :baby:

For the other expansions my lil one will have to learn English :wink:

1 Like

Still haven’t painted a ‘new’ army so doing really well!

One unused army (Rhordia) has had a tournament run out and another (undead or halflings) will get used in a couple of weeks.

Barring about 80 random orc/goblin models I’ve pretty much built the grey pile!

3 Likes

Hot on the heels of my DS success, I have finished the basilean warband (plus dungeon saga extras) for vanguard. They were a joy but have taken 8 months, which shows how slow I paint!

Far from perfect but I’m happy with them.

8 Likes

Updating my to-do list…

Completed so far:

Deadzone starter set (two 150 point armies)
Centaur Chief, bray hunter and bray strider
Thegn on Frostfang
Goblin Snaggit
Enforcer 100 point team (from the heavy weapons set)
Some progress on Dungeon saga scenery
Basileans!
Dungeon Saga Scenary

Still to go:
Finish Abyssals for DS
Dwarf warband
Bought Magwa and J’os so need to do them…
A metric sh*t tonne of Enforcers I got eff ebay for cheaps
Veer-Myn tunnel runner, proginators, night terrors and Thorn
Mazon Labs from Star Saga
Star Saga Scenary
Abyssal Warband that I got for cheaps off ebay

Looks like I need to stop buyng anything for a while! So that’s one addition for me “No more models!”

To give me some focus for the rest of the year I will be prioritising some of the above and going with what I fancy doing, my cut-down list until the end of the year is:

Finish Abyssals for DS
Some Dwarves (but not all!) - probably enough for a warband
Magwa and J’os
Veer-Myn tunnel runner, proginators, night terrors and Thorn
Gradually accumulate some enforcers

I’ve found having this thread really useful for focussing my hobby time and seeing everyone else’s progress has been inspiring too!

3 Likes

They look great @screamingaddabs ! And you’re really managing to make me feel guilty for still having those laying around in a box as well … dang! :laughing: :rofl:

I went all in with the Vanguard Kickstarter back in the day and also picked up a full Dungeon Saga Kickstarter off of Ebay sometime ago. … But I really wanna get some more of my Elf army done before I go dig into that. (There’s also those boxes of Undead Stuff and some Deadzone boxes waiting on the shelf … )

But seeing your Dungeon Saga and Vanguard stuff is really great motivation to finally (eventually? :slight_smile: ) ) get around to doing it myself !:slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad to hear someone is enjoying it :slight_smile:

You need to get your list of stuff by the end of the year up here! Your elves are ridiculously good, it’d be great to see your version of dungeon saga and vanguard warbands!

1 Like