Alternative models for Elf Palace Guard

Just starting my journey in KoW and have started collecting a couple of Mantic armies. I have a GW Wood Elf army that I’m re-purposing for KoW though, and I’d like to run some Palace Guard but dont have a hoards worth of any wood-elf minis that are a good stand in. By the few pics I’ve found online I think the scale would be off if I bought mantics Palace Guard compared to all of the other GW models.

Can anyone suggest some alternates that would fit in scale (and somewhat in theme) with GW wood elf minis? I do like GWs Eternal Guard / Swordmasters / White lions (which i could paint to fit in) but the price for 40 minis, ouch!

Many Thanks

The Lord of the Rings Mirkwood? Elf rangers are cool models, but again it’s GW so ouch,. @ €40.00 for 20 miniatures. Oathmark Elven Infantry come in 30 minitures for £25, so are half the price

1 Like

I always check the site of the ninth age when I‘m looking for models.

1 Like

The Oathmark plastic elves might work for you.
They have heavy and light versions, the light are just tunics and cloaks (very legolas) but the armored ones might work here
http://nstarmagazine.com/OATHMARK_ELVES_1.htm

1 Like

As a follow-on idea to the above comment, the Oathmark elves kit bash nicely with the Fireforge templar/Teutonic ranges - both the cavalry and the infantry.

The latter are more dynamic than the Oathmark bodies and could work (think you get 12 spare heads from the elf kit, so can build a decent amount of additional ‘elf’ models)

1 Like

thanks all! wonder how big the Oathmark are? although they don’t scream “Palace Guard” to me if I’m honest. The 9th age site is a good shout tho, lots to look at there.

Appreciate it.

Don’t forget that in KOW you don’t “need” 40 minis for a horde. You can use 30 and some scenic bits and it works very well, especially if the models are dynamically posed.

The savings add up over time!

1 Like

Quick pic on scale as FYI

Fireforge Templar, Oathmark elf, GW LotR buccaneer, old GW Breton archer.

1 Like

Many Thanks