Any players in Ireland?

As the title says, I am based in Connacht and looking for opponents.

There is a small group in Sligo where I am trying to get people I to the system. Would be great to get some more players.

1 Like

Not on Facebook? Pretty sure there is a Kings of War Ireland group there.

Would you be able to link to the Kings of War Ireland facebook page? Iā€™ve looked for it before, but never found it. Iā€™m in the south east, so not likely to get a game in with someone from Connacht unfortunately. However if either of you find out about any events in Ireland, Iā€™d like to see if I could attend.

1 Like

Easy. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1719741504794796/

1 Like

South East Ireland is a bit of a journey. Iā€™m no longer on FB so wonā€™t be able to check it for events. Here in Sligo we do have semi-regular games days, 10am till 12pm/1am for ā‚¬10.

I can keep you posted on when the games days are, if you ever feel like coming up. Likewise if there are any events down your end, let me know and Iā€™m sure I can get a few people to come down and play.

1 Like

That sounds great. We are pretty much on opposite ends of the country, but Iā€™ll definitely see if I can make it some time.

It seems there is an event in Wexford either late December or early Janurary. Iā€™ll let you know when its confirmed, and what its about.

2 Likes

Hi @Stonehorse
I was wonderingā€¦ do you think we could run a small Kings of War Online event for players in Ireland. Maybe help the players to get to know each other better, and hopefully it would mean that people are more willing to travel once thatā€™s an option again?

Iā€™m happy to TO and not play if need be.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure we could. I wouldnā€™t be able to participate as I only have a smart phone as my electronic device, and that would be extremely difficult to use for a Tabletop Simulator.

Would be good to hear how it goes.

I was thinking of something along the lines of Universal Battle, which is a lot less resource intensive than tabletop simulator.
I know it can run on a tablet. However, if all you have is a phone, it probably isnā€™t doable. Do you think there is some way you could be involved that youā€™d like to try?

Iā€™ll just have to read the battle reports :smile:

If you do want to get it off the ground I can contact the group here in Connacht. Think they are unaware of the forum.

I have played UB on a tablet. Upside I could sit wherever, downside it took a little more time.

OK, so hereā€™s the plan. Could share this with everyone in your play community, as we would like to get as many people from Ireland playing as possible. It might be a good way to bring the Irish KoW community together a bit so that we can maybe play actual tournaments in future:

My local gaming club is running a Kings of War league starting on Saturday 18th July, and running for 6 weeks.

Due to the nature of Covid and lockdown etc, they are opening it up to anyone in Ireland, and allowing games to be played online.

So if you are unable to go to the store in Wexford for ā€œSocial Distance Hammerā€, you can play online using Universal Battle, or Tabletop Simulator. Either way, games are arranged between the two players.

You provide a picture of the army you are going to ā€˜play withā€™, and post screenshots/pics of games, which means that its a great time to build and paint you army as you play. Its ok to enter with unpainted models(read the rules pack though).

If anyone is interested in joining, let me know and we can get you sorted, or go to this facebook page to sign up:

The events calander with a brief description is here:

The rules pack:

If you can reach out to any other Kings of War communities in Ireland, please do so. Iā€™m willing to teach them how to use UB with introductory games etc, so it should be very beginner friendly.

4 Likes