Apocalypse Undead

Hi all Sellick here,

I’ve popped a few pictures up on our facebook page but thought i’d double down and pop them on the kowforum too! I’m no pro painter, but if you do have any questions feel free to comment. Loving the look of all the other armies on here! that Circus theme cracks me up.

18 Likes

I like the KOW / Walking Dead cross-over basing idea

2 Likes

Damn, they are amazing!

2 Likes

They look great,

1 Like

Hi,

great painting and display! I love The Walking Dead tribute. Where’s Rick and Michonne!?

2 Likes

well they’re all kinds of fantastic, where are the skellybobs from? I see the resin shields but the actual figures are beautiful

2 Likes

Ah nice, love me some more undead crumbling around :skull: I agree with the others, great displaying and a very fitting paint style! Not quite sure about the walking dead reference because of the… Let’s say, anachronism, but rule of cool applies definitely, so screw my first doubt :smile: would love to see some heros coming!

How do you take your pictures? That works really well, and I always struggle to take good ones myself

2 Likes

Skeletons are from Mierce Miniatures shields are from scibor miniatures, building is from TTcombat :slight_smile:

3 Likes

haha yeah something I thought i’d encounter. as its not really your typical ‘fantasy’ genre but as long as everything is easy to understand for my opponent and I’m supporting miniature companies that I love in a theme I enjoy i’ll struggle through it :slight_smile:

I use a little lightbox i got off ebay years and years ago and a pretty good camera (albeit I have no idea how to use it well)

1 Like

Thanks! I’m not sure Rick and Michonne will make the cut (no pun intended for michonne fans). I’ll try and keep aspects of the theme in there with subtle hints of the walking dead but will most likely avoid the characters being prevelant in the army.

cheers for that, I’ve looked at the monsters and Irish they sell, because Irish are great clearly, never looked at the undead.

1 Like

Hehe, I was so terrified of beeing called unfair when I played on the Germany GT last month, because the units in my Gobbo Circus aren’t exactly easy to identify. So I put little name tags with the unit name next to them, which was a bit rough, but worked fine. You are completely right, it’s easy to know what you’re fielding and the amount of models per base is :ok_hand:

4 Likes

I love that it’s fantasy undead in modern times, sort of like the first Marvel Zombies stuff that had undead vikings in NYC (I think? memory is fuzzy but the action was brutal!) And I love that you’re using Mierce undead, what a brilliant line, if $$$ for an entire army (tho totally worth!)

2 Likes

Stylistically I think it’s a great idea and as a selection of units fits really well - the ‘no era’ style of the zombies make it work.

Other than Undead, Nightstalkers/abyssals work with a simply ‘modern’ vibe - or a Trident Realms one coming out from the docks?

Nice

1 Like

Thanks! It’s definitely a bit of fun to model up and think about scenarios! I love mierce miniatures but also want to support Mantic Games as much as possible as I think they’re on the way up!

Funny you say that! One thing i’ve always loved about nightstalkers is the ‘bad dreams’ aspect, so your worst fears manifesting themselves as an evil army! This was going to be my alternate to the zombie army. Think ghosts coming out of wardrobes, spiders coming out of a humans mouth etc etc. :slight_smile: I think it could have been enjoyable to create. Back in warhammer 7th edition, I made a silent hill themed army complete with a custom pyramid head greater demon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That sounds too cool to believe, or, as it is said today: pics or it didn’t happen! I love silent Hill (I even could get something out of the movies, at least the iconic pyramid head style), so I’m more than thrilled to have a few pics of this army! If you don’t wanna “cross post” them in this thread, maybe send me a pm :kissing::grinning:

A bit of an update on the Undead!

12 Likes

Amazing work as art pieces.

1 Like

Wow! Just fantastic

1 Like

fantastic

1 Like