Armada on the companion

Just tried the Armada companion app out and the builder works really well, but I do not know if I will be using the play tracker for activations though.

As far as the rules go, I also like the inclusion of all of the scenario diagrams, but did not see the magic rules included anywhere. The upgrades from that expansion are all included in the builder, and their individual rules do appear in completed lists, but not the battle deck lists or general magic phase rules.

The one big omission that I saw was that there is no Kingdoms of Men in the fleet builder. That is kind of forgivable though, as every KoM fleet really only needs the captain upgrade of Dead-eye McHardy + 192 points of anything else since he is the best in the game.

Overall, a really good implementation.

4 Likes

I don’t want to steal your thread ( I’m just borrowing it a bit)
I’ve got a several Basilian boats and the main rule book. I assumed the rules would all be in the rule book or at least the expansion book, but the rules are with the fleet pack that I never bought and there is no way to get them all ? Is that correct?

1 Like

I don’t play armada, but i think it’s all on the app in the list builder?

Hope so. I might just have misread the op, assumed kingdoms of men = basils. I know nothing about the Mantic fluff.

Basileans are uber religious humans and the biggest group. They are separate to kingdoms of men.

1 Like

Just received my copy of Seas of Dread in the mail today, and had some more thoughts on the Companion. I would not expect their newest rules to be included online the week of the release, but with everything being added from this expansion, I do not know how much will actually make it into the Companion…
Most of Seas Aflame made it in, including all of the fleet rules, but still not the campaign system introduced from that book.
The fleet rules from Seas of Dread are more complex still, with generic ships (that I could see added into the builder just like fortifications), ghost fleets (new ship profiles but unsupported by models just like Kingdoms of Men), and pirate fleets (involve mixing any regular ships from any other fleet) which all have varying levels of difficulty to incorporate into the current builder.
Overall, I am really looking forward to digging through this book, but do not expect all of these options to make it into the builder, or all of the other rules to make it online either.

Pleasantly surprised by all of the additions to the Companion today… the Kingdoms of Men, ghosts, and pirates are now all supported!

But even more exciting than the new fleets is that the list export function now allows ship cards to be printed, and not only prints the base stats, but the pdf incorporates the adjustments to each ship from the options selected during building. Personally, this will save a lot of copy and pasting on my side, as I have to put those numbers onto cards to remember them.

2 Likes