Azimyth's Random Painting Thread

This will be where I post my work in progress and completed projects. It will mostly be Twilight Kin with a smattering of Star Wars X-Wing

1 Like

First up an Archfiend WIP, trying to decide what colour to paint the loin cloth

5 Likes

Some older models I finally multi based(apologies for the shaky photos):
Tallspears(model at the back’s spear broke after gluing it in place)

Archers/Crossbows

Impalers

8 Likes

Some X-wing ships(for scale the smaller ship bases’ are 4x4 cm and the large is 8x8)
Tie/Vn Silencer:

Upsilon Class Command Shuttle(has been given the name Shikaku by a fellow player)

Tie/Ba Interceptor

7 Likes

Neat ships! For the loincloth, maybe a darker red?

1 Like

Progress has been made:

The skin wasn’t pale enough, so that was lightened. Armour needs highlighting next as well as the fur.

8 Likes

Been a while. Finished and based the Archfiend. There’s some definite painting mistakes but it’s good enough for the tabletop. The loincloth is a lot more shaded than the pictures show.

11 Likes

It’s been a while. Work has been somewhat hectic.
I bought this second hand and it was assembled and undercoated with a 1 broken snake and the crown is a bit damaged, plus I had to ‘snap’ off the other wing to be able to paint.
The colours are wonky in the photo. The model is actually a lot darker in general .I’ve put a turquoise glaze over the green scale so those should appear a lot bluer.
I’m thinking of doing the crown in gold, the pillar as pink-grey marble and using a vallejo shifter in the blue green range on the wings.

4 Likes

A slightly better photo

6 Likes

That’s great model, I think pink grey marble is a great choice. Goes well with the overall colour pallets you’ve chosen.

I’ve been on holidy but progress has been made.

The marble has come out nice, I just need to add some of the lines that run through it.
I also tried out the Vallejo colour shift paints on the wings. This is the Green-Blue-Violet paint.

There are some spots where I need to repaint a satin or gloss black so that effect shows up, but the effect is really nice.
These paints go on really easily, especially with an airbrush. I don’t have one, so there are some brush marks that I need to go back and fix as well

7 Likes

Due to a combination of a busy social life(kids, not mine), the dark lords of Eishkom declaring “Let there be Darkness” and my own lazy ass, it’s been a while since I last posted(I did lurk tho’ :smile: ).
I’ve finally finished the Morathi model and have started on some the new mantic impalers and skiffs(I’ll post pics after this).

These two photos are to to show the shifter paint variance.

A close up of the pillar and runes. I’m debating putting tufts on the base or leaving it as is.

The snakes were really annoying to paint.

3 Likes

First pass on the impalers, the gold was too bright.

I will probably do some silver highlights on some of the more prominent areas.
I do question some of the sprue design choices, like why the back cape/skirt not one piece instead of having small strip on the main model and then the bulk of cape another piece. I had to reglue a couple of them because the cape shifted as the glue set.

3 Likes