Clash of Kings London 2022

Well I was half fancying getting to the next Clash but not if its in London! Anyone else put off from going?

1 Like

Not at all. Should be a great event and much easier for most people to get to :slight_smile: The community is what makes KOW great - so doesnā€™t really matter where it is imo.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a strange choice of London venue.
There arenā€™t many hotels in the area, what accommodation is available will be taken by the 400 or so 40k players.

Transport in the area isnā€™t great, especially at weekends.

Iā€™m on the London outskirts and itā€™s too much hassle for me to get to.

Iā€™ve always thought it should be central so derby or Nottingham would be good for everyone.

As always I wish mantic great success with it, and Iā€™ll be sad to miss it.

2 Likes

Most people? I guess you must be fairly wealthy? Factor in travel and accommodation and itā€™s not even remotely doeable for me. Luckily it appears ā€˜most peopleā€™ donā€™t have this problem!

Nope - Iā€™m skint lol! But Iā€™ll do what I can to be there and support mantic. Plus it will be good just to get more games in. Granted, I havenā€™t checked itā€™s exact location or even looked at accommodation yet.

What I meant by ā€œmost peopleā€ is that London is pretty accessible via all the major routes, especially if mantic are encouraging international players. With the notice theyā€™ve given too, hopefully train/plane/accommodation costs should be at a lower rate when booked ahead of time.

It does look to be quite a bit outside of the city center, just looking it up. If I end up winning a ticket at the qualifying tournament here in the Netherlands (not exactly likely, but who knows!) Iā€™ll attend ā€¦ probably?

The London venue means I could travel by boat and train more easily, thatā€™s nice. :smiley:

4 Likes

I donā€™t dare to come. If Joris Bohnson sees my german driverā€™s license, Iā€™ll be forced to become a lorry driver! :wink:

Sorry, just had to do it, donā€™t want to offend anyone.

Seriously, London is much more accessable for foreigners than Nottingham (except ā€˜moneywiseā€™ :clown_face:). Had to go to Nottingham once from Germany. I had to take a flight to Manchester and then a train ride to Nots, which took longer than the flight. Question is, though, how many people from other countries go to CoK anyway?

2 Likes

Yeah If youā€™re just flying straight in iā€™m sure itā€™s fine (except for your arms feeling tired) but people in the Uk are generally leery of London - its very expensive, the traffic is terrible and public transport is overcrowded. I lived there for 10+ years and have no desire to go back!

2 Likes

Iā€™ll put in a defence of Londonā€™s public transport - itā€™s far cheaper and more regular than most of the rest of the country.

2 Likes

Not sure of the exact numbers, but thereā€™s usually quite a handful from Spain and France and one or two from other countries as well. Last Clash I ended up playing two French opponents, which was a real pleasure.

3 Likes

London is a PITA, also not massivley keen on sharing a space with the uncouth riff-raff playing thier lesser systems. :face_with_monocle:

However I like to support Mantic at thier flagship event so I shall endevour to be there in a purely selfless act :innocent:

1 Like

what does that mean, apart from being a breadlike item?

1 Like

Pain in theā€¦actuator.

2 Likes

You have to be joking :wink:

Cool. Never seen that acronym before. :grin:

1 Like