Cyberactivity's Twilight Kin: The Shadow Blades

Don’t think I need a 5th one. Got enough grief from the 4th one. :smiley:

1 Like

Needed some more unlocking units so painted up some Bloodworms.

First off a straight up legion:

And then 2 regiments and 2 troops that can be combined into various units sizes:

Went for a contrast between the two units with one very bloody and the other quite clean.

Think they look good together:

3 regiments is 360pts (smallest unit size)
1 legion is 290pts
= 650pts

That makes 6890pts painted this year + 8 hills + Lucky Jim + 18 trophies + Finger of fate

It also gets me through the 10k pts of painted Nightstalkers!

12 Likes

Those blood worms make me uncomfortable in the way that night stalkers should; same as the void lurkers.

3 Likes

Those are some creepy worms!

3 Likes

What worms did you use for your blorms?? Rarely do these things look good, whether fishing lures or putty or massively out of scale, but yours fit the bill very nicely. Appreciate the blood on the blood worms too :clap:

2 Likes

They are a 3d printed file that were designed by Nick Williams and printed at various sizes by Alistair Vowles (3d mini market on Etsy).

Saw them and thought they’d fit the bill. Really didn’t like the fishing lure ideas as they just didn’t look right in my opinion.

1 Like

Reorganised the boxes to put the NS into just 3 of them.

Each box can hold just over 3.5k pts I reckon on average.

Here is the 3 Nightstalker boxes i.e. all 10k pts of them together:

11 Likes

Things of well-organized beauty, these.

BUT ALSO I didn’t know you had a screamer killer in the army :blue_heart: !

1 Like

Lol. Yeah the screamer killer was either a terror or shadowhulk. Managed to win it in an eBay auction at a ridiculously cheap price a couple years back and wanted to be able to use it.

It is one of my all time favourite models so happy to have a place for it :smiley:

1 Like

After a bit of a break, managed to paint up 3 Greater Air Elementals:

With that 540pts done, now makes 7430pts painted this year + 8 hills + Lucky Jim + 18 trophies + Finger of fate

10 Likes

Those air elementals are brilliant!

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind words.

Really liked the models. Took me a while to pick them. My issue is that normal air elemental models tend to just look like tornadoes with arms.

Painting them was a bit tricky. Was tempted to not do the extra details but they looked kind of unfinished. @Rusty_shackleford gave me some good advice (as per usual) about what to paint. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m with @MechaSturgeon on those Elementals, way cool dudes!

2 Likes

Cheers.

Going to get 2 hordes worth so can run the FoN formation.

2 Likes

Would be inclined to use them as fire elementals, although appreciate they aren’t as good in game :wink:

2 Likes

https://www.games-workshop.com/archaon-lord-of-the-endtimes-mto-2022#share

@Boss_Salvage said that I’d keep an eye out for you. Look what is now available for pre-order.

3 Likes

That is a sweet looking model,

1 Like

Thanks @Cyberactivity! Warhammer’s sexiest demon-horse. I’m sorely tempted - was hoping they’d bring back the boobsnake Slaanesh lord too, one of my favorite minis that I slept on at the time because it would clearly be available forever, right?

$50 isn’t a bad price, and he’s shockingly in metal?!

3 Likes

if i was buyng anything from GW, it’d have to be the Middle Earth model: Radagast The Brown and his rabbit sleigh, but that steed is tempting

1 Like

6 regiments of Dopplegangers.

Each unit is slightly different in the model configuration. Comes in at a nice 870pts.

That rounds it out to 8300pts painted this year + 8 hills + Lucky Jim + 18 trophies + Finger of fate

#Dopplegangers #CreepySmileCrew

11 Likes