Dark Age Undead

Revenant cavalry (two troops to do)

Cavern dweller - being used as goreblight

Initial models for the soul reavers

11 Likes

Completed Soul Reaver unit and a current army shot.

7 Likes

More revenant cavalry (two troops/reg) and a second undead peg.

7 Likes

Your revenant cataphracts look fantastic! Which sets did you use for the kit bash?

2 Likes

Cheers. The are Gripping Beast Goth elite cavalry mixed with Oathmark skeleton spares (and a couple of plain skulls from the gw skulls kit)

2 Likes

Collated pics of the latest bits and pieces.

10 Likes

Thanks for the answer. They look like an awesome kit.

How do they scale up compared to GW, Mantic and the Frostgrave undead cavalry? Are they slightly smaller because they’re a historical kit?

Yeah,historic kits tend towards true 28mm, rather than ‘heroic’ 28-32mm.

GW have traditionally done ‘s*dding massive horses’ in a lot of their ranges (esp the later ones), so these will look a touch small by comparison.

The mantic ‘knight’ horses (the PVC ones that most of the heavy cav come with) scale with the old gw empire ones.

The GB stuff is comparable to the historic Fireforge ranges, which are a bit smaller than the forgotten worlds fantasy ones (which the other cav unit is made from). Its noticeable, in direct comparison, but work fine in different units.

Vampire lord - also from Fireforge (mantic head)

6 Likes

7 Likes

Couple of cursed pharaohs and some WiP werewolves

6 Likes

So, over a year after ‘finishing’ the undead i might actually get a game in with them at an event next month (unless i use one of the other half dozen armies i haven’t tried out either!) :wink:

Do like some of the Para Bellum Conquest stuff and these should make decent wights

8 Likes

Some really interesting selections of models used there @Sceleris . and on a side note, I have round shields just likw those with the same colous on them that i’m currently replacing from my Herd army, to replace with more typical Celtic Briton’s decorative shields with decals instead.
They look great BTW and i’m especially liking those Wights

1 Like