Dark Age Undead

One of the armies I painted last year was a dark age style Varangur one. A large chunk of the initial build were draugr kitbashed from warlord dacians & mantic zombies.

Going add a few similar themed undead units (as I don’t have enough armies!) so coming up with a few mock ups.

Skeletons are the Oathmark ones (will get some if the mantic spearmen and give round shields as well), revenants are skeleton/gripping beast viking mix, the soul reavers Victrix Saxon/vikings.

Have some gw crypt horrors as zombie trolls and a bunch of the floaty undead things which can fit as wraiths/wights.

13 Likes

looking suitably gorey… nice!

I can’t be the only one seeing the zombie bent over looking at his shoe lack/lack of shoes as two guys behind him come balling along ready to flip over him like a slap stick comedy right? The one on the right isn’t looking and the one on the left is pinned in and has no choice but to take the spill. It’s pure zombie comedy zomedy if you will.

Love the bases. How did you do them?

3 Likes

Basing is just tile grout and sand, with some play mat foam for the elevation.

1 Like

Those Zombies look great. The two kits seem to go together very well.

Yeah, barring a couple of leg/torso combos that needed a bit of trimming, pretty much everything else was near spot on

Still slowly in 'building and finding weird sh*t" phase

Ran across some tehnolog werewolves I’d forgotten about and a reaper bones purple worm. The winged version in game looks so much better, so will probably have a rummage for some wings.

6 Likes

Revenants built and initial wip pic of the winged wyrm

4 Likes

Revenant on (with :wink: ) wyrm done.

WiP wraiths

Pair of suitable necromancer types

10 Likes

cool wyrm, loving those wraiths too
where are the necromancers from.?i could do with something similar for my druids

1 Like

Cheers.

Iirc they are both from Footsore

3 Likes

Finished the first of the wraith troops - 2 more to go.

9 Likes

Skeleton archers and some heroes - pair of liches and a couple of vampire stand ins.

8 Likes

Group shot so far, including the various multipurpose Varangur units. I will make a couple of specific wight units (using other models from the gw floaty ghost range).

Next to build are some regular skeletons and some revenant cavalry (using gripping beast goth elite horsemen)

12 Likes

Revenants done.

9 Likes

If I missed this info, I apologize.

But where did you find your revenant sculpts?

1 Like

@rotfoot_bile
No problem - its a kitbash.

They are Gripping Beast vikings (plus a couple of Fireforge Russians) with bits from the Oathmark skeleton kit. The latter has plenty of spares.

1 Like

Next lot of wraiths done.

Start of the kitbashed rev cav

10 Likes

Pair of ghoul ghasts - one suitable for honeymaze artifact

6 Likes

Jarvis kitbash done.

Just adding pics of some of the other finished units for completeness.

10 Likes