Dark Age Varangur

Cheers, aim was to keep as much as possible ‘real’ or at least in keeping with viking/dark age myth.

Bears are from TTCombat - they have a weird range including halfling walrus riders(!) that these are part of

those Walrus riders rock!. I was tempted by the bears too myself. Nice work

Not so keen on the riders but the walruses look great.

4 Likes

Lord done. Not entirely sure about in-game role, but fits with the rest of the army.

4 Likes

i have yet to try Varangur, but use both my Lord and Thegn with Inspiring and Talanaars banner in my Northern Alliance regulaly on foot to support my horde and regiments of Clansmen.

Yeah, they are both a little better in NA than in Varangur.

Can see running him, a magus and a bunch of draugr as a big block of nerve on a flank/centre, with the lord just sucking up wounds off the zombie guys

1 Like

Huscarls done, plus group shots of the army so far (all painted since beginning if June)

6 Likes

Pair of magus & another cursed son.

6 Likes

I really like fact that the snow fox dogs are Irish Wolf Hounds. Nice touch.

1 Like

Trolls & a mounted magus

5 Likes

We both have that mini and both use him for historical themed Varangur, you as dark ages and I as Romans. Nice job on him.

1 Like

Cheers - does scale rather more as a midget on a pony though!

Finally got round to finishing the regiment of Mounted Sons - gripping beast goths with some Victrix bits.

9 Likes

Yeah, scale in the warlord Romans is a tad… varied.

Finally got round to finishing off the second huscarl regiment

6 Likes

I don’t recognise these trolls, where are they from?

Great looking units - the huscarls and the mounted sons. I like the metal you chose and the red & blue scheme.

Cheers - wanted a fairly plain paint scheme but one that had enough colour to make stuff stand out.

The trolls are from Krakon Games

1 Like

very nice @Sceleris. i particularly like the huscarls.

1 Like

Cheers.

Meirce had a sale so bought some snow troll proxies to add to this. :wink:

Also going to do a small(!) spin off undead army, with the draugr/zombies, snow foxes/death pack, fallen/wights from the existing one - adding skeletons, some converted viking/Saxons as revenants & soul reavers. Have a few gw crypt ghoul things which can work as zombie trolls plus a few werewolves.

1 Like