Dave's Varangur

Another army that started as an allied force (this happens a lot!) is this barbarian style Varangur mob.

Currently my most successful on the table, its still got lots of stuff to eventually get added. Given the theme, it also means there is scope to port over to Northern Alliance, depending exactly what’s in it.

Have a preference for slow and violent stuff (mainly cos I haven’t actually figured out what to do with cavalry & flyers).

Another force with a wide variety of stuff in it - Frostgrave barbarians are Sons (with old grenadier ogres); savage core cro magnons and warlord mastiffs the reavers/night raiders; krakon games & gw the trolls; nolzurs the devourers (and spiders aka tundra wolves) & poundland the cavern dwellers; direfang covered by space wolf stuff and riders kit bashed from panther riders and shieldwolf maiden bits - the panther from the former, crew from the latter and 4ground chariots make two further hordes; LotR army of the dead provide the fallen.

5 Likes

Nice! Where are those dire fangs from?

Direfang covered by space wolf big wolves and riders kit bashed from basilean panther riders and shieldwolf maiden bits - the panther from the former, crew from the latter and 4ground chariots make two further hordes;

Very cool choice of miniatures :slightly_smiling_face: Where are those Spiders from?

1 Like

Nolzurs minis(D&D) I think.

Yeah - they have a fun range of stuff. Need to find an excuse to buy a couple of their dragons

Love the displacer beasts (devourers I think?), lots of good model selection and conversion throughout.

1 Like

Hahah! Nice displacer beasts! Well done. Love the wold rider models. Where are they from?

Direfang are the space wolf thunder wolves and riders kit bashed from basilean panther riders and shieldwolf maiden bits - the panther from the former, crew from the latter and 4ground chariots make two further hordes;

The displacer beasts seem to fit the devourer rules pretty well - and at £4 each not complaining!

Thanks for the reply.
They are thunder wolves? I thought those had robot parts? No ?

They look great.

There are a couple with nasty wounds where I’ve hacked out the bionics and had enough spare bits not to have to use the metal leg parts

1 Like

You saying the wolf robot legs were have bits from another range of models to replace the robot parts. I just noticed the eyes there. Interesting. Im ok with greenstuff on a small scale like eyes. The whole leg is some work/time.

No - The kit comes with two different leg choices - bionic and normal. Got the second hand with some bionic bits built in, but already had a few spare bits from the kit.

1 Like

I see, one can build the wolves with minimal robotics. Well, there you go. Thanks!