Done (hopefully!) in December! - Painting Topic

Excellent minimal effort unit there Shackers! :wink:

2 Likes

@DreadNort thanks Dan!

Done or due in December?

These look great. How did you paint the verdigris on the masks?

Nearly done Greater Air Elemental for my Sylvan kin.

12 Likes

All GW paint - bronze base coat, nihilahk oxide then drybrush brass

2 Likes

Is it December already? :slight_smile: I guess this is the last episode of the painting challenge this year! Some incredible models shared throughout all these months and this is the last chance to finish something before the year ends.

Does it matter if you finish this year or not? Not really! :slight_smile: But I find it a good motivation personally and I really, really hope I can finish the Palace Guard regiment I have been painting for so long! Almost there, still some work to do but … almost there!

19 Likes

They look really nice. Love the colour pallet choice @Swordmaster . It reminds me of the Emperor’s Guards in Gladiator.

1 Like

A second regiment of Ice Elementals finished to bulk up into a horde, if required. Work started on a Thegn

16 Likes

Wow Nav, those are absolutely fantastic!!! Love how the snow covers those Elementals! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Many thanks @Mikes. I may still throw on a shade to bring it out more, but i’ll have to wait for it to dry first.
They are a great unit for beginners, so simple to paint. The trick is in the undercoats. Dark Blue from underneath, then a white coat from above, brings a nice shadows and light effect, followed by a bit of wash, and a sprinkling of snow, (baking soda).

1 Like

It’s not snow, it’s icing sugar!

3 Likes

Another cracking elf unit. And btw your blog is really helpful for my current project of doing a GW mini Drakon unit. I’m using the same mounts but different riders!

2 Likes

After a few months off, it’s nice to get back into painting again

12 Likes

Been waiting for this topic to update to December so I could show this off

17 Likes

It’s a nice model - and while smaller than the mantic giant he does look perfectly fitting

4 Likes

Thanks a lot @Nav ! They will be guarding someone too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @DreadNort ! I am glad you like them so far. I have a banner to finish and someone special to add in that empty space at the back!

Great! I am really happy to know the blog is helpful for your project. Can’t wait to see the results!

1 Like

Horde of Tribal Spears, begun in November done in December …

… ignoring the basing to come in February-ish :grimacing:

16 Likes

Wow @Boss_Salvage those stand out really well. excellent work

2 Likes