Done (hopefully!) in December! - Painting Topic

Hello!

It seems it is about time we switch to another, fresh topic about painting. The first in the last quarter of the year!

Personally, I wanted to get back to painting in September but did not work. Thus, a new hope for me arises in the form of “Only In October!” :slight_smile:

Perhaps this month will be unique for many of you but as always, it is all about sharing your hobby and mutual support, wherever you are!

Happy painting and can’t wait to see what you are going to share this time!

Cheers!

14 Likes

Painted some Indomitable Will tokens for my KoM/LoR army.

16 Likes

Didn’t get the Nature stuff In on the Sept post If I recall. But I do have an Oct Halloween event coming.

Hard to see the air effects on the Air elementals.

IMG_2206
IMG_2207
IMG_2208

Undead - This project was started by a friend of mine that left kings. I get to expand on a great project and theme so I thought I would show it here. I’ve been adding Monsters, Characters, and a few smaller units. Still to paint is the Dark Peg and Necro.

IMG_0958
IMG_2230
IMG_2231
IMG_2232
IMG_2233

19 Likes

My painting table right now:

Another two Drakons in various states of progress and a new Treeherder. Like that model quite a lot and just came across it recently :upside_down_face: He’s not that tall … but pretty massive and all metal. :grinning:

Progress been slow, with work being a bit crazy right now, but I’ll keep going slowly but steadily as always :wink:

And a huge :Cheer: :partying_face: to @Swordmaster for continuing the thread! :slightly_smiling_face:

Also: @MikeGrant , those armies look absolutely gorgeous. Are we going to see any battle pictures as well?

15 Likes

I took a beating on Saturday vs. a friend’s Salamanders. He had just the right stuff and a great table defense with my list that had no pathfinder. I made my strike and in many games, we know, if you don’t take out the target it’s huge in this game.

( a few quick shots of the game - hopefully not an issue for the thread.) This game was before I made changes to the army.

On this turn, all my attacks failed. Not because I didnt kill him, but because he killed the Rev King on the right, with 10s twice(not in the picture-you’ll scroll up and see him in the center of my deployment on a horse). Wavered the WW with a 9, Lycanis was fine, but the plan was to not be attacked back. He had nothing to attack the WW in the center, and nothing could see the Lycanis. But it was too late, Game fell apart.

Was so perfectly planned.

14 Likes

First time I’ve seen double Battle Masters towers - epic!

2 Likes

Doggies :wink:

12 Likes

Finally finished painting this horde of elven spears for twilight kin.

I learned a few things when making it.

1. white is hard to paint
  2. I hate painting white
  3. when you hate, you don’t want to paint…
  4. I would be happy to never paint white again.
  5. this army has at least 3 more units that must feature a lot of white cloth.

19 Likes

The white does look great. It contrasts really nicely with the gunmetal armor tone and dark base. It was worth the effort:)

3 Likes

I only ever paint dirty white!

Great job mate

1 Like

I finished a Mule transport yesterday. It’ll be used as Deadzone scenery mainly, but maybe a game of Firefight or two.

17 Likes

Looks superb! Deadzone has some really great vehicles, and the plastic feels great on the ones I’ve interacted with.

2 Likes

Thanks! The kit is really nice. Easy to build, even without instructions and brilliant looking vehicle.

Finished an Elohi for my Armada fleet. Now time for a palate cleanser! Those sails are a pain.

26 Likes

It’s been a busy month of finishing off some existing Dwarfs, painting new Dwarfs and assembling more Dwarfs…

Next on the plate is… well, Dwarfs. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m closing in on 4000pts, so I’m highly motivated to hit that milestone before the end of the year!

28 Likes

2nd Jugger regiment

15 Likes

I’m not a good painter but I’ve been working on trying something new for me, mainly multibasing with some diorama type stuff.

So, appropriately enough for october, I suppose, here’s some skellingtons

I wanted them to look ghostly, see.

17 Likes

More regiments of Braves

15 Likes

I finally made a little progress on my :100:% Mantic Sylvan Kin project.

8 Likes

Those are fantastic @KptKeno !! Good job! :partying_face: :grinning:

My painting lately has been slow very slow, but I’ve been making some progress at least:

Still a way to go, but it’s starting to come together finally :upside_down_face:

16 Likes