Finished my inn build

15 Likes

Pretty!

1 Like

Thank you very much

It is a sweet piece of work, very well crafted. i believe it was after seeing this piece or another similar one, that recently inspired me to make my own tavern model. It has a lot of great features in the design, the arched stable area, the steps to the second floor, the jutting out window. A tiny part of my brain wonders about the section of flat roof, however. Flat roofs are notoriously bad for leaks, at the best of times, and it doesn’t seem to serve any purpose, as there is no access to it. A different pitch on that section of roof, would be a far more practical design. Did you design this from scratch or base it on an existing building? I hope my comment doesn’t offend, for that is not my intention. it is truly a sweet model, but somewhere in the back of my mind there is a crazy architect jabbering on. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much, The flat roof is accessible from the inside of the main building and makes the second floor bigger. In my mind it is a later addition to the main building… and i did it because i see it a lot here where i live on real buildings but not on miniature buildings. And i don’t think it will leak that much hahaha.

1 Like

Great to hear, Vlissinger. Without a doubt, flat roofs were at times popular, even commonplace, even if an architectual impracticality. Nevertheless, if well constructed, they can indeed be leakproof, and your own tavern looks well constructed and maintained. I love the care and attention in your brickwork, wooden beams and the weathered look of yur shingling and eaves. Wonderfully done.

1 Like

Thank you, i appreciate it .

1 Like