Firefight news & chitchat

I had a rough look at points based on the beta lists, so these may change somewhat.

Plague comes out around 1200 points
Asterians at 700 ish

the rest sit about the 800-900 point mark, so with a standard game being 1000 point they’re very good starter armies a comprehensive size

4 Likes

This thread features in the newest ‘Weekender’ by OTT:

There is a time stamp to switch ro the cool stuff, e.g. Firefight

3 Likes

I hope they will be back in the studio soon. The zoom-meet still is not as much fun as the studio banter.

1 Like

which one of the presenters would you like to drop when they do that Ben or Free?

I would say Veer-myn are a 1k based on my beta lists.

1 Like

915 based on basic upgrades, 50 Nightstalkers with 10 special weapons, 2 progenitors, 4 Nightmares, 2 tunnel runners and the Tunneller.

but like I said they are the beta lists I have, there may have been an update that I missed and it’s only a rough guide

3 Likes

I always liked Warren and you the best. I do not know about Free, have to seen her in studio yet.

1 Like

you won’t she’s in England same as Ben

From the points I have from the Beta lists, with the basic units and no upgrades, I get

Asterian, Veer-Myn, GCPS: ~750 points
Plague ~850 points
Enforcer ~950 points
Forge Fathers ~1050 points

Depending on the final points an conversions you get more, Veer-Myn infantry can be built for multiple units (even Volt Chasers if they are still in) while the Forge Guard frame gives you an additional HQ

2 Likes

Stalkers or Crawlers. With options to take heavy Rey guns, chem throwers etc.

A lot of Optima na is in upgrade which most armies have a lot of.

750-1000 is amazing. Basically a full army. Just with more Basic tools.

2 Likes

SUPER helpful. Thanks!

3 Likes

So they are going to start a movement “Free Ben from the telly”

Did You guys notice how cool the Smoke Screen token is? I plan to cut 1-2 for myself from a acrylic sheets but those printed tokens are solid. I even got coin protectors to put mine (Deadzone) in. Adly only those round fit.

2 Likes

I already wondered what that big grey thing is. Pretty cool.
I made a quick multibase in preperation for FF 2nd yesterday. It’s not final, btw:

5 Likes

Great colours! Both bases and minis.

Not sure You will need multibases.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ve read the beta rules. You measure LOS and movement from the leader, similar to KoW. So for those parts, it’ll make the game quicker. The Enforcers are organized in squads of five mostly, so they seem destined to be put on these bases. They are detachable of course, so I can take out any losses.
‘Need’ is a big word though. I just find it hard to go back to pushing minis around after playing KoW.

1 Like

I can understand that argument. Still You sometimes will want Different position between models/terrain. Played beta and terrain, fitting behing/around terrain etc. can be a problem. You are lucky You play enforcers :smiley: My veer-myn will not be as easy to move around :smiley:

2 Likes

The multibase will still be useful, although just for moving the miniatures, I have 80 GCPS recruits from v1 so I’ll probably use multibases for convenience.

The leader mini is the important one, probably best to have them on the front corner of the multibase to be able to properly position them anywhere. Middle might work okay as well, I’d have to try it out.

3 Likes

It’ll be more difficult with my Plague too.:wink:
If fancy, gamey positions are needed, I can stl take them off the base.

1 Like

I see Stalkers are very similar to those from open beta. I really like the idea of Terrors being a unit upgrade.

It looks like Terrors use stlser shoot and fight profiles too.

2 Likes