Flocking multibases

Hiya,

Just a quick question ,I am after people’s opinions, when preparing your multi bases, do you flock before sticking models on the base or after?

Cheers

I used to do after… I’ve just switched to before as I realised flocking between the legs of a horde will be a massive pain.

1 Like

Before, but it means I gotta pin most of the models since there will be a lack of good surface to simply glue them on.
Unless I have some of those models with the disc underneath the feet, in which case I glue them on the mdf and then use sand and flock to hide the discs afterward.

1 Like

Both points are what triggered me to ask. A horde would be a right pain but also having a good surface to adhere to if pre flocked.

Cheers for the replys

I have been doing before for the flock then adding the tufts after for the goblin units I have been doing lately. For Individuals and Warmachines I have gone around the other way and flocked after sticking the models down. For my Tridnent Realms I went for painting and adding sand to the base first , sticking the model next then Resin then leaving a day for the resin to set then tufts…so no flock involed there :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I do both. Get the base complete before adding pinned minis and then go in and fix any gaps or problem areas with more flock

2 Likes

Don’t have large areas of grass, so do it after the models are added - the base is otherwise finished before

1 Like

I usually put them on afterwards. Since I use only tufts, I have enough places to glue them. Individuals, the balefire catapult and goreblight were glued before I finished the base. If I can prime mini and base in the same colour and have enough space to paint, I put them on before. So it depends on the minitures, really.

1 Like